6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 4:18 AM by egikas

How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?

egikas

Hello, I'm newbie in scripting that's why I need a help from one who knows. I need a javascript to place an asset from the library to all pages of my document.

I've tried to do it but all i have :

var myLibPath = (File("C:/Library.indl"));

var myLib = app.open(myLibPath);

var libItem = app.libraries[0].assets[0].placeAsset(app.documents[0]);

this places asset to the selected page only, may be someone can tell me how can it works for all pages.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
          Mi_D Level 3

HI egikas,

try below code

var myDoc = app.activeDocument;

var myPages = myDoc.pages;

var libraryFilePath=new File("C:\\Library.indl");

app.open(File(libraryFilePath));

myAsset = app.libraries[0].assets.item("test");// change name ase per ur requirement

for (var pg =0; myPages.length>pg; pg++)

{

var myObj = myAsset.placeAsset(app.documents.item(0))[0]; //first place library in first page

myObj.move (myPages[pg]);

myObj.move ( [15, 15] );//change ur x.y coodinate as per ur requirement

}

Mi_D

• 2. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
            egikas Level 1

Thank you, Mi_D. that's what I need! But there's one problem, my document has facing pages, so your script place asset only at right or left pages. And I want it to place on the both sides of facing pages.

May be you have a good idea how to solve it in a simple way:) ? I'd be very appreciated.

• 3. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
              Mi_D Level 3

I post u two mathod

in first check right hand page or left head page

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

myAsset = app.libraries[0].assets.item("test");// change name ase per ur requirement

{

if (myPages[pg].side==PageSideOptions.RIGHT_HAND){//check right firstpage

if (pg ==0){//check right firstpage

var myObj = myAsset.placeAsset(app.documents.item(0))[0]; //first place library in first page

myObj.move ( [12, 15] );//change ur x.y coodinate as per ur requirement

}

else{

myObj.move ( [222, 15] )

}

}

if(myPages[pg].side==PageSideOptions.LEFT_HAND){

myObj.move ( [12, 15] );//change ur x.y coodinate as per ur requirement

}

}

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2nd mathod change page preferences spread to page

///////////////////////////////////////

myDoc.viewPreferences.rulerOrigin=RulerOrigin.pageOrigin;  

myDoc.viewPreferences.horizontalMeasurementUnits=MeasurementUnits.MILLIMETERS ;

myDoc.viewPreferences.verticalMeasurementUnits=MeasurementUnits.MILLIMETERS;

myDoc.zeroPoint=[0,0];

{

myObj.move ( [15, 15] );//change ur x.y coodinate as per ur requirement

}

//////////////////////////////////////////

Mi_D

• 4. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
                egikas Level 1

Hi, Mi_D. That's rock. Thank you a lot! Works great. You have solved my problems:)

• 5. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
                  Mi_D Level 3

if pervious my post help u click yes in bottom

Was this helpful? Yes   No

• 6. Re: How to place an asset from the library to all pages via JavaScript?
                    egikas Level 1

hmm I clicked "Yes" evry time u answer me, so i'll do it once again