11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2014 7:38 AM by A.T. Romano

I lost my SonicFire Pro 5

Jack Jacobs

I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 11 last year, and have used it for a good while. Recently, I had to get my harddrive wiped completely clean due to a corrupted core and so now I'm redownloading everything I had before. Now the Premiere Elements 11 downloaded just fine, I can't however figure out how I got SonicFirePro 5 on last time. I'm pretty sure I got it WITH Elements last time for free, since I never paid for it OR downloaded it illegally, I got it legally. I'm pretty sure I got it with my Adobe Premiere Elements last time but I can't rememner how. I've also seen accounts on the internet saying they got it with their Elements package.
      So my question is this, how do I get my SonicFire Pro 5 back like I had it before without having to pay?

• 1. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Jack,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks to Jeff for getting you here.

SmartSound's Sonicfire Pro 5 is included with PrE 11, but the version that gets installed, needs a patch, to function correctly. This link will provide you with a link to the patch, plus additional information about Sonicfire Pro 5 in PrE 11: http://www.smartsound.com/support/link.php?id=308

For an overview of SmartSound, this article might be useful. Note that it starts with earlier SmartSound software, but moves on up to Sonicfire Pro 5 (both the QuickTracks and Scoring Edition): http://forums.adobe.com/message/5573773#5573773

Other than an overview, some of the upper parts of that article will not directly apply to SmartSound in PrE 11.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

I see that you have shared your extensive experiences with SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 again.

Please excuse, I may have missed it, but is the Adobe documentation on Installation considerations specific to Premiere Elements 11 SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 included, that is,

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html

Also, I know that you encourage the installation of the patch after installation of SmartSound, but I have had mixed results with that. In one case, there was no difference after patch installation. In the other case, the patch would not install, but the SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5 continued to work.

ATR

• 4. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I have not encountered any issues with the Sonicfire Pro 5 update/patch, and do not recall reading of problems either.

What sort of issues did you encounter?

In my case, it was quite simple, as I installed PrE 11, then immediately did the patch. The only thing that I had to do was re-enter my Sonicfire Pro 5 Scoring Edition S/N, as I have purchased that (separate from PrE). Otherwise, it went smoothly, and was easy.

I believe that NealeH has also applied that patch to his PrE 11, and do not recall a problem.

Let me know a bit more, and I will try to help.

Hunt

• 5. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

There is not much more to know about my experiences with Premiere Elements 11 and SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro5.

1. I installed it according to the link that I posted.

2. It worked fine.

3. When you kept promoting the merits and need for the patch, I installed the patch step by step, word by word from the link that you provided and which can be found online.

4. In the case of one Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit, the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 worked fine before and after the patch. So, I really never saw the need for the patch there although I did leave it installed.

5. In the case of one Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8 64 bit, the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 worked fine before any patch. And, when I went to install the patch there based on your posting encouragements to do so, it would not update...just left the version as it was. And, SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 continues to work there OK unpatched.

6. Since I have the feature generating the free soundtracks if and when needed in either case, I have not explored the matter further.

ATR

• 6. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

OK.

For many, the "patch" has been necessary to get PrE 11 to work with SmartSound's Sonicfire Pro 5 module.

The most common issue seems to be a request by PrE 11 for a disc in the multi-drive. As soon as those users do install the patch, the message disappears, and then SmartSound's Sonicfire Pro 5 module performs fine.

Hunt

• 7. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Interesting. Never got the No disc Error with SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 installed and the program installed as is.

ATR

• 8. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                        Jack Jacobs Level 1

Well Bill, I tried your link and downloaded SonicFire Pro 5. But when I clicked on SonicFire, it came up saying "Enter Serial Number" and "Request Free Serial Number".

I don't have a serial number to the best of my knowledge, unless it came with my Premiere Elements 11 DVD. So I clicked on the Free Serial Number button and it said

"New serial numbers for versions of Sonicfire Pro less than 5.8 are no longer available.  Please download your Sonicfire Pro 5.8 21 Day Free Trial"

Thank you for your help so far. Am I missing something?

• 9. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

For the included SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5, you will use the Request Free S/N. The other option is for the paid, Scoring Edition.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                            nealeh Level 5

If you download the SmartSound file from http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html it shouldn't prompt you for a serial number.

I've always needed to apply the patch from http://www.smartsound.com/support/link.php?id=308 to my system to make the seamless integration work.

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale
                            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 11. Re: I lost my SonicFire Pro 5
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

You wrote

If you download the SmartSound file from http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html it shouldn't prompt you for a serial number.

This is what I was driving at after Hunt posted his suggestions and references and seemed to relegate install to the word "install" and to focus on that patch which may or may not be needed in all cases after the install.

Please refer to post numbered 3 when I wrote to ask Hunt about installation considerations involved here

Please excuse, I may have missed it, but is the Adobe documentation on Installation considerations specific to Premiere Elements 11 SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 included, that is,

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html

Thanks.

ATR