3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2014 7:27 AM by HiddenWhiteFang

Premier Elements 11 Won't Open!

HiddenWhiteFang

Hi! I am running a HP Personal Computer with Windows 7. I have been using Elements 11 for months without problem and have been very pleased with the product.

I went to open it today and was unable to. It would not load past the "Welcome Screen," which seemed to be working fine. If I try to open a file, or a new project, it will load indefinately. If I go to the files directly and bypass the Welcome Screen, it will open the loading screen, but will not get passed "Initializing applications." After a couple minutes, I will get an error message saying the program has shut down. I have tried to uninstall it, but the uninstall process would not move forward and then it shut down. I re-entered my seriel number, and that whole process worked fine. I've tried opening many files with no positive results.

I used the program a few days ago without problem. I remember something similar happening to Elements 8 when I was using it, but I forgot how I fixed it.

Help?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 11 Won't Open!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried this?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542377?tstart=30

You should also go to the nVidia or ATI site and ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. You'd be surprised how often  this fixes things!

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 11 Won't Open!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

HiddenWhiteFang,

If Steve's FAQ does not fix things for you, my next step would be to check the video driver.

1. What is the make and model of your video card/chip?
            2. What is the date and number of the installed video driver?
            3. Is that the latest version from the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site?
            4. If not, then I would download and install the latest, for your model of card/chip and your OS version, and test.

PrE needs to interface directly with the video driver. All sorts of things can render the video driver obsolete, such as a simple OS update - things work one day, along comes the OS update, and suddenly things do not work at all. Simple programs, like Word, etc., do NOT have to interface with the video driver, much at all, so they continue to work well.

I would try the suggestions in that FAQ on licensing first, and if it works, wonderful. If not, check that video driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 11 Won't Open!
              HiddenWhiteFang Level 1

I tried what you suggested and it did not work. Now I can't install the program. It never gets passed the "preparing to install" stage.