9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 1:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 10 change font color

Graham1946

On the title page I am creating from a still photo, I insert the font but ca n't change the colr , i.e. to red or green.

• 1. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you in the Titles workspace?

Have you selected the text?

Did you click on the Paint Palette icon?

Have you ensured that you have Fill selected when you select your color?

• 2. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
            Graham1946 Level 1

Hi Steve

I have done the following

1  Gone into Edit  then title

2  the fun_tite page I have brought it to the front of the vidio clips in the sceneline

3  then the selection tool, then clicked the T icon

4 clicked on color properties

5 drop down box is shown

6 click to highlight the red and a box above dropdown shadow turns to red

7 I click on FILL but the box does not appear to change, it stays a dull red

I click on ok in color props but when I type in the view screen it prints the letter but in white

Hope you can help

Graham

• 3. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's not clear if you actually have selected the block of text on your title.

• 4. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                Graham1946 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have selected and highlighted ther text.

But can't change the color

I am doing some thing silly but can't find what.

Graham

• 5. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham

I think I have found your answer.

In Premiere Elements 10, you have been clicking on the Sceneline view Edit Header and then the Title Tab in the row below to open the display of Title Templates. You want the Fun_Title choice.

1. Click once on the Fun_Title in the display to select it. Click Apply at the bottom right of the Titler's right side to get this title template to appear on screen.

Note that at this point, it has a bounding box around indicating that the text is selected.

At this point, you could just select the Color Properties and change the text color.

You should not go looking for any T icon to click on. You do not want the T at the bottom right of the monitor. That is for Add Default Text.

2. But, let us say that you want to change the text in the Fun_Title and then the color of that text

a. Select the Type Tool in the vertical toolbar of the Titler...move your mouse cursor from right to left over the text that is currently there to put a gray cast over it, then type your new text.

b. When finished, switch to the Selection Tool above the Type Tool in the Titler's vertical toolbar.

c. Click on the text to select it, putting a bounding box around it automatically.

d. Color Properties, change text color.

I road tested that in the Sceneline view of Premiere Elements 10. It works.

Please check it out and determine if it works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                    Graham1946 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Many thanks for the info, yes that works, but.

If I right click on the mouse the select IMAGE --- the click insert image which is fine, then

click selection  tool, then T on the vertical toolbar, type on the image it come on image in faint white text.

but then I can't change the color of the text?

Regards

Graham

• 7. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham

Thanks for the new information in post #6.

I cannot confirm post #6 results when I go step by step as you described. Could you please check out the steps presented to see if you have left something out that you are actually doing?

The following is a screenshot of the Premiere Elements 10 Titler Color Properties.

ColorProperties.JPG

Please confirm that, besides moving the slider to get into a specific color range, you are also moving the circle in the color display window at the top. The above setting is going to give me a shade of white even though the slider is in the red area of the bar below the color display window. See sample of color under those circumstances as displayed in the window below where is says Gradient: Solid.

Also, please clarify how post #6 description relates to the description of the problem presented in post #2. Are these two different examples of the cannot change the color of the text?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                        Graham1946 Level 1

Many thanks for that ATR

I was only moving the slider bar, I new i was doing something daft.

I have spent hours on it.

I am new to premiere so forgive me

I wanted a title with my own photo on it and text on top, you have cracked  it for me thanks

Regards

Graham

• 9. Re: Premiere 10 change font color
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Graham

Great news. I was almost not going to include that alternative explanation in my reply, but then decided to take nothing for granted.

I will tell you a secret. The thought came to mind because that has happened to me and then wonder why I cannot change the color.

So even if you do this type of thing over and over, you can still fall into this situation.

Never hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification. The information that you supplied was very helpful.

Thanks and continued success.

ATR