• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Get KOBO Authorized

Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

My computer is authorized by ADE, but I had to switch Kobo ereaders and I can't get the new Kobo authorized by ADE.

So, I can put ebooks in my library but cannot transfer them to my Kobo ereader, what do I have to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Kobo a dedicated ereader or a tablet?

For a dedicated ereader, it should show up in left hand panel of ADE under devices when plugged in to USB and turned on.

If so, use menu/Help/Authorize Device to authorize it.

If not, check in your file manager whether it shows up as a mounted drive there, and post back here.

For a tablet, run an ereader app and that will have authorization withing the app, probably in Settings somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to authorize the kobo but the authorize function is not available even though it is a new computer running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem - my Kobo appears in the left hand section, I can transfer and it says Unread but when I click on the Kobo to open the book it says it is not authorized. When I go into the Authorization section it confirms my computer is authorized and doesn't give any option for authorizing the ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines