6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 4:50 PM by Rick Gerard

Render Problem

Raydond123

When I try to render my video in After Effects it says that some footage files are missing... But when I re-open or preview the video it looks like everything's fine and it also doesn't say anything's missing.

When I try to render it and say okay to the error it gives me the colorbars screen. But when I preview it everything's fine...

Can someone help me?

• 1. Re: Render Problem
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The exact informational caloric value of your post is zero. Sorry, but you're losing yourself in vagueries. We know nothing about your system, your files, your storage, your comp settings, your render settings, your preferences for MP rendering, cache settings and a million other things. Nobody can help you without at least some of that information.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Render Problem
            Raydond123 Level 1

Sorry about that...

But my system runs Windows 7 64-bit.

This was a template I got off of Youtube...

But my render settings are...

1.PNG

2.PNG

I don't know what Comp settings, MP rendering preferences, and cache settings are. Sorry.

Could please tell me what's wrong? This is what shows up when I try to render it...

3.PNG

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Render Problem
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> I don't know what Comp settings, MP rendering preferences, and cache settings are. Sorry.

You need to learn the basics of how to use After Effects and the basic terminology before you can usefully do any work or even understand the answers given when you ask for help.

Start here:

http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

> This is what shows up when I try to render it...

That message seems rather clear to me. It's telling you that some of the source footage items that the composition depends on are missing. I don't know the details of the template that you're trying to use, but my guess is that it depends on you adding some image and/or movie files and using them in some specific places.

Please, follow the link that I gave. It will prevent much frustration.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Render Problem
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Expand all of the folders and layers in your project panel. You will find missing footage. Fix that and try again. If you don't know how to do that then follow Todd's suggestion....

• 5. Re: Render Problem
                  Raydond123 Level 1

Yes I looked through all of my files and layers in the panel but NO files or folders that were "missing".

• 6. Re: Render Problem
                    Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please send a screenshot of the project panes with all folders exposed. Also send a flowchart of comp 1 fully expanded. Those are the first and second places to look. The missing footage could be a pre-comp.