8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Intel 845G upgrade

Chinabay

Photoshop Elements Primere 10 will not run at all with the newest intel driver for 845G, build 6.14.10.3943. I get error message that I need to upgrade to build 4.14.10.3943.

• 1. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, this is the Premiere Elements (video editor) Forum.

I will Move your post to the very active Photoshop Elements Forum, where others with that program, can comment. Your link will follow, along with any e-mail subscriptions.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Ps Elements Forum]

• 2. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
            Barbara B. Level 7

Bill, the OP says "Primiere', which I would assume is Premiere Elements, no?

• 3. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Barbara B.

I might have made a mistake here. I saw the "Photoshop," and reacted to that. Probably my bad. Let's Move it back, and see just which program the OP is referring to.

Sorry about that.

Hunt

[Moved back to Adobe Premiere Elements Forum - awaiting further clarification]

• 4. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Chinabay,

Please forgive me, if I was in error in Moving this post. The "Photoshop Elements" part of the first sentence confused me.

Exactly which Adobe program are you referring to - Adobe Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Premiere Elements? They are different programs, though are often sold in a bundle.

Thanks for that info, and thanks to Barbara B for pointing out my error.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Chinabay

To expedite matters, I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 10 on some version of Windows and that your computer uses an Intel 845G video card.

Premiere Elements (several versions) can and have had problems with video card driver versions, but I have never found the program obliging enough to state the preferred version for the video card driver version.

So, the first question that I would ask, "Is the message about the video card driver version coming from an Intel pop up or from a Premiere Elements 10 pop up.

And, what do you mean that Premiere Elements 10 will not run at all when this video card is present....it does not launch? it does not let you open a new project? it does not let you edit once you are in the program? other?

Looking forward to additional information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
                    Chinabay Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I have been using Elements 10  on my pc under windows xp without a problem.  Then I start getting a message during boot-up from Elements that I have an incompatible display driver and the program stops loading.

The driver is the most recent driver but still will not work. Any suggestions?

Chinabay aka Joan Woods

Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:11:17 -0800

To: joan_woods@hotmail.com

Subject: Intel 845G upgrade

Re: Intel 845G upgrade

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Chinabay

To expedite matters, I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 10 on some version of Windows and that your computer uses an Intel 845G video card.

Premiere Elements (several versions) can and have had problems with video card driver versions, but I have never found the program obliging enough to state the preferred version for the video card driver version.

So, the first question that I would ask, "Is the message about the video card driver version coming from an Intel pop up or from a Premiere Elements 10 pop up.

And, what do you mean that Premiere Elements 10 will not run at all when this video card is present....it does not launch? it does not let you open a new project? it does not let you edit once you are in the program? other?

Looking forward to additional information.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6026949#6026949

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6026949#6026949

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6026949#6026949. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
                      nealeh Level 5

Chinabay wrote:

Then I start getting a message during boot-up from Elements that I have an incompatible display driver

Search for and delete the file baddrivers.txt. More details here (this link is for PRE9, but will be applicable to v10 as well, just change the path) - http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/display-driver-video-adapter-issues.html.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 8. Re: Intel 845G upgrade
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chinabay

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you verified that you have the latest video card driver version according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

If the answer is yes, then I would agree that the next step is the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file. In Windows XP 32 bit, it can be found in the path

Local Disc C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Note: that once you re-open Premiere Elements 10, a new BadDrivers.txt file will be generated and hopefully the problem will be gone.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

The concept and existence of the BadDrivers.txt file first became popular in the days of version 9.0/9.0.1. The rationale for the deletion can be found in post 10 of the following thread in which the BadDrivers.txt deletion fix first surfaced.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3177024

Please review and then let us know of your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR