1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 2:41 PM by Chris Cox

Photoshop CC won't save prefs

win-doh

When shutting down PS for the first time to save my prefs and workspace etc, I got this joyous message:

Could not save Preferences because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

After half a dozen attempts and giving myself read & write permissions on every file & folder I could think of related to PS (and contents of folders ) I gave up and headed here. I did see there was an answer to the identical problem but involving CS5, but this suggests fixing a file in users/library/Preferences/adobe photoshop.

I have photoshop CC on Mavericks, and there aint no such place, the Users folder only containing 3 user folders (Mine and the public & shared), there isnt a 'Library' folder inside my user folder either, only at the top level and inside System, but neither have an adobe photoshop file or folder.

Is this usually the case? Can anyone help?

Many thanks in Advance