1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 12:40 PM by Peter Spier

Saving in Indesign issues.

MPA

Dear Adobe Support:  We are having an issue with Adobe InDesign CS6. The product has been fully updated to the latest version with all updates installed.  TECHNICAL DETAILS: Mac OS X 10.9.1  MacPro   Here is the issue we are having: When you select FILE > SAVE AS the "Shared" option is missing from the "Save As" dialog box. I have attached a screenshot of a working instance to demonstrate the trouble:  http://screencast.com/t/15ZvqkqXf  The problem is intermittent. Sometimes the "Shared" section DOES appear. Sometimes it doesn't.  I have confirmed that on other Mac OS X 10.9.1. instances running the same InDesign version this issue does not appear.   We have tried: Performing a COMPLETE Uninstall & Reinstall of InDesign CS6 Checking for all available InDesign CS6 updaes Running Disk Warrior Repairing Disk Permissions   I look forward to your suggestions & advice regarding this issue.

• 1. Re: Saving in Indesign issues.
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

First, this is a user-to-user forum, not tech support, but we usually do a better job than they do, so welcome.

Second, was the 10.9.1 install an upgrade or clean install? OS upgrades are always a gamble.

Normally we advise uninstalling and reinstalling ID (and run the cleaner tool in between [CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3]) after an OS upgrade when strange stuff happens, but it sounds like you've already at least reinstalled. It won't hurt to trash the prefs, too (did you elect to repalce them during the uninstall?), though I really think this is an OS issue, not ID. See Replace Your Preferences

It would also be diagnostic to create a new user on the machine and try from that account. Success may not be conclusive, given you say it's intermittent, but failure would point to a problem at either the OS or application level, perhaps a conflict with some other software.