9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 4:49 AM by felibek

Adobe Elements Premier 12 help

felibek

My video contains 4 batches of files with hexadecimal numbers 001 thru 063. System is capturing only first batch rejecting other three on grounds that these file numbers already exist. How to get around it?

• 1. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

felibek

What are you doing...a DV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements 12 Windows Capture Window or something else?

Where do you have the imports 001 to 063 saved to?

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
            felibek Level 1

Romano,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I open new project and captured media from SD card (my camcorder has this

type of recording device).

SD card was inserted into my computer slot. My computer has Windows 7

operation system.

Media on the card is stored in for folders, every one of them contains 0063

hexadecimal files, enumerated 0001 thru 0063, similar way in every folder.

When I started capturing media Adobe Elements 12 only allowed files from the

first folder and sorted out the other three on the grounds that these files

already exist, same file numbers.

My question is how to go around and capture the whole project media?

Thank you again,

felibek

• 3. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Felibek,

Thanks for that info. First, what you are doing is Importing the media files, and not Capturing, which is a term used for a specific operation - getting media files from a miniDV tape for either SD, or HDV.

For what you describe, I would Copy the full folder structure from each card, to a unique folder, say "Card01," "Card02," etc., then Import from those folders. As the Import process creates absolute Paths to the media files, having them in Card01, etc., will create a unique link to that Path.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
                A.T. Romano Level 7

felibek

Thanks for the details.

From what you wrote, I am understanding that you have four folders on this SD card, each with files 001 to 063.

When you insert that SD card in your computer SD slot and use Premiere Elements 12 to import the files on the card into your project, you appear to be using the Add Media/Video from Flip or Cameras

"Get videos from FLIP, AVCHD cameras or other Memory Disk device"/Video Importer.

In the Video Importer are two important fields: Source, and Save In.

The Source field should be set for the drive letter for the SD card:\<Camera or Card Reader

The default Save In = C:\Users\owner\Videos

The situation with the Video Importer is that it does not bring the folders into its dialog, it brings the files. And, in your case, it looks like it is selecting only the images in the first named folder.

I have gone through all of the above to make sure that we are OK on the details.

We could device a workaround if we had to use the Video Importer in this scheme.

But, I think that the easiest thing to do is to copy each folder (with a distinctive name) to the computer hard drive and then bring the files into the project (as needed) via the projects Add Media/Files and Folders.

But, I would suggest to you that having different files with the same file name (even in different folders) is likely to get you into trouble sooner than later. So, at some point, perhaps after you save the folders to the computer hard drive, you could take each folder and its content into Photoshop Elements Full Editor/File Menu/Process Multiple Files and batch rename the contents of each folder. If you do not have Photoshop Elements, you could use other free online programs (to be mentioned later if necessary).

If we were to force this in a Video Importer workflow, I envision

creation of 4 empty folders in Videos on the hard drive to receive the Video Importer Save In, after some creative import/delete maneuvers.

Please let me know if I have interpreted your details correctly and if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
                  felibek Level 1

Romano,

Thank you very much for your response.

I've just started using ADOBE 11, it's where confusion comes from.

I used Pinnacle 12, but now decided to go ADOBE.

I found the way to go around this issue.

When you capturing there are presets:

File name;

Folder name - number;

Date - file name

Custom name - number

Default is file name, it's where the trouble comes from.

I checked date - file name instead which made every file number unique and

everything went thru nice and smooth.

Thank you again for your participation.

felibek

• 6. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

felibek

Great news that you sorted through the procedures to resolve the issue. Great job.

But, could you clarify....you wrote that when you capture, there are presets. Where are you in the program at that point? Could you be in the Elements Organizer 11 File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Camera and Card Reader? I had thought you were in Premiere Elements 11 Add Media/..../Video Importer.

Continued success.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
                      felibek Level 1

I was in Premiere Elements 11 Add Media/..../Video Importer, and there is a

menu there specifying file name option.

Thanks again,

felibek

• 8. Re: Adobe Elements Premier 12 help
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

felibek

Thanks for the follow up.

I am in sync with you now.

ATR