4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 9:58 PM by A.T. Romano

PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline

PE12-noobie

I'm using PE12 and downloaded Outdoor Adventure template. Ran the instant movie and then in a couple places I found a red screen with "Media Offline" in about 15 different languages. The event log says problem with 3 PNG files but I verified the files exist in the Outdoor Adventure template folder. I deleted the template and downloaded again but still received same error.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• 1. Re: PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline
          PE12-noobie Level 1

I guess no one knows then.

• 2. Re: PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline
            A.T. Romano Level 7

PE12-noobie

I did not see your thread until this very moment. Was it posted since yesterday in the Premiere Elements Forum?

Be that as it may, are you having trouble with any other Content download items besides the Outdoor Adventure Template? When did you find the colorful "media offline" messages when you had the project open and selected in the project or only after you saved/closed reopened that project?

Two things for you to try

a. Are you running Premiere Elements 12 from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? If not, please do so.

b. In addition, right click the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon, select and click on Run As Administrator.

Do these actions correct the problem?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Please let us know if your issue is confined to Instant Movie Content Download or also to Titles & Templates, Audio, and Graphics.

• 3. Re: PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline
              PE12-noobie Level 1

A.T. Romano

Thank you for the reply.

1. Yes, I am running windows 7 pro under the actual administrator account not as a local user with admin rights
              2. Since I am logged in as the administrator is this still necessary?

Still get the error but I did save the project file and re-open. I had not previously saved the project. When I re-open I get the same red screenMedia-offline.jpg

This time the event "error" log has only 2 events and also a message popped up asking me to link the file "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png"

I looked in the folder C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0\Online\Movie Themes\All_Lang\Event\Outdoor Adventure and the file was missing.

I copied the file "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" and just modified the name to "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png" and the error message went away.

I downloaded the theme pack once, cleared it out, and re-downloaded. I guess that file is missing.

Here is event listevent.jpg

• 4. Re: PE12 Instant Movie Project Media Offline
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PE12-noobie

Please do the right click of the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon, select, and click on Run As Administrator even if you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

It is late where I am, I will explain further in the morning.

Thanks for the follow up with the helpful information.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...We may end up doing an Deactivation, Uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall, but let us see if we can avoid that.