Hi,

I have Premiere elements 10.

How to upgarde to premiere pro c6s for windows 8.1

Thanks

John

[Title edited to clarify question - Hunt]

• 1. Re: John Denys
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There is not upgrade path from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro.

You will need to purchase a full version of Premeire Pro CS (or CC).

• 2. Re: John Denys
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

As you state, I have seen no upgrades for PrPro.

In the distant past, Adobe has offered some deals, but the last that I saw was an upgrade path from Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects, to the CS 2 Production Studio suite. That was many years ago, and I have not seen such since.

IIRC, there WAS a "competitive upgrade" path offered to PrPro (or a suite), for owners of AVID, Final Cut Pro, with a smaller discount for PrE users. That was also many years ago.

When Adobe introduced the CC (Creative Cloud) licensing concept, they had a "special introductory price" for a PrPro CC license - similar for Ps, and some varius combos of Adobe's high-end products. That seems to have been a one-time price, and it has now run out - surprising many, who felt that subscription price would be retained.

There is (or was, until recently) a special subscription price for the Photography bundle, but do not think that it includes PrPro CC. Also, I would caution that any special pricing on that bundle, will most probably run out in time.

The best that one can do right now, is to buy PrPro CS 6 (download only), for the full-price, if one wishes to have a perpetual license, or to find Adobe's "best deal," for a CC subscription.

I doubt that we will see any sort of "competitive upgrade" specials, but only Adobe knows this.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: John Denys
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Message page #5 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 has a link where you may buy Premiere Pro CS6... PPro is on the 2nd page at the provided Adobe link

When you click to buy, change the option from full to upgrade to see what qualifies... but, I agree with Steve... I don't think Elements qualifies for an upgrade price

NOTE - Do NOT buy an upgrade version if you do not have a qualifying product... you will not be able to install CS6