5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 1:36 PM by the_wine_snob

How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?

yogawithlexi

I was told when I spent $1000+ on my HP and all the software that I would have what I needed to edit photos and/or edit videos. I am a yoga teacher so I am posting my classes online as videos, as podcasts, and I also need to edit some of my personal photos to use for marketing material. I can see where I edit photos for a video and incorporate them in that said video but Im also needing to just edit the photos but adding text. Nothing fancy. I just want to make some flyers.

• 1. Re: How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>edit the photos but adding text. Nothing fancy. I just want to make some flyers

As far as I know, that would have to be in Photoshop Elements http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

yogawithlexi

Do you actually now have some version of Premiere Elements? If so, on what computer operating system is it running?

Although there is the classical thought of Photoshop Elements (photo editor) and Premiere Elements (video editor), there is some photo editing possible using Premiere Elements. It depends on what you have in mind for these simple photo edits.

If you have version 11 or 12, check out the fx Effects that you can apply to your photos. The imports into the program do not exit unless exported which typically means video export. However, there is an export category for Images. Check that out. If you have version 11 or 12, see Publish+Share/Computer/Image.

Please let us know if you need clarification on any of this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

yogawithlexi,

Welcome to the forum.

Im also needing to just edit the photos but adding text. Nothing fancy. I just want to make some flyers.

For editing photos, to be output to the printed page (whether by a commercial printing service, or a desktop printer), I strongly recommend Photoshop Elements (PsE).

If you need to output to a video file, then Premiere Elements (PrE) can possibly do what you want, but not for the printed page - at least not easily, and with the ultimate results. First, Video is not dependent on DPI/LPI (Dots Per Inch, or Lines Per Inch), where printed material will be. Also, while PrE can output a Still Image, the quality, when printed, will be far less, than what one can obtain with PsE.

Do you currently have Photoshop Elements on your computer, or only Premiere Elements?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?
                yogawithlexi Level 1

thank you for all the help. yes. that does help. it turns out, when I bought premiere elements 12 at best buy, they told me I could do both video and photo editing. The person who had helped me, told me wrong. I just had it out with the BestBuy manager. We just bought photoshop - Im hoping this is the cure. Thanks so much for your immediate response - its appreciated more than you know.

love, a computer idiot

• 5. Re: How can I mkae a simple photo edit on premiere elements 12 without using the video feature?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

yogawithlexi,

Where the BB salesperson probably got confused is that very often, one buys a bundle, with BOTH Adobe Premiere Elements (video-editing), AND Adobe Photoshop Elements (Image editing).

We often see that same confusion around here, as a poster will refer to "Elements," and not know that there are basically two separate programs in the Elements family (plus Organizer, which works as a file cataloging program with both). It often takes several Replies, to find out exactly which program a user has.

Glad that things were sorted out for you, and good luck with the Image editing in PsElements. Also, should you have any questions on that program, there is a very good, and active Photoshop Elements Forum. Lot of very helpful people there.

Hunt