6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 2:06 PM by Peter Spier

Why can't I download the files that I need?

Meam

Why can't I download thhe files that I need?

• 1. Re: Why can't I download the files that I need?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Perhaps you should start by telling us what files you need, and why.

• 3. Re: Why can't I download the files that I need?

Your response was blank. If you are using email, please come back tothe web page to respond.

• 4. Re: Why can't I download the files that I need?

Meqam started a new thread, which I have locked. Here's waht she posted there:

Meam wrote:

My membership is up in July & I would like to update my files as per instructions from adobe. However the program will not let me.  I will have money to upgrade membership for another year soon.

what can I do in the meanTime????????

Peter Spier,

I have been trying to download InDesign and Photoshop for a long time. However, I found out that the programs that I have were all ready installed when I was given the computer. I got in touch with the people and through some questions it was discovered that I need to have Windows 7 for the programs to be compatible. I sent the 11 page Upgrade Advisor Report to Boston for review. Give me a few days to see if I can resolve the problem. Then I will get in touch with you to see what you recommend.

OK, it sounds as if you have an older computer and you are trying, perhaps, to download new versions of Photoshop and ID. Not only will you need to have comaptible hardware and OS,  you should deactivate the programs on your old computer. If you are going to use the programs after your current subscription expiress you will need to renew.

• 5. Re: Why can't I download the files that I need?
                Meam Level 1

Peter Spier,

After many attempts to install windows 7 …. My husband decided to get me a new computer! Then I should be able to get InDesign and Photoshop plus the other products that will bring me up to speed with where I should be (with lots to learn)! I have a Dell desk top now. I am thinking about a laptop. What computer do you recommend? Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Donna Rottman (Meam)

• 6. Re: Why can't I download the files that I need?

I've never used Windows 8 beyond a quick look at Staples shortly after it came out. It seemed to me to be directed at tablets, not real computers, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of others here who think it's great.