3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 6:15 AM by A.T. Romano

Adding music to Premiere Elements 12

muskegonite

I have Premiere Elements 12. I want to add my own music  to the audio track. Can this be done?

• 1. Re: Adding music to Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

muskegonite

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running?

You would add your own music file (with supported format) into a project via the project's Expert workspace's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the audio to the Soundtrack or one of the Audio Tracks.

Is your music coming from iTunes? Often, these clips need to be converted to another format for various reasons, .mp3 or .wav. Typically .wav is preferred. What are the properties of your own music files that you want to import into one of your Premiere Elements 12 projects?

Have you tried to import them and are getting an error message? If so, what is the wording of the error message?

Do you actually have Premiere Elements 12? I ask because of how you phrased your question "Can this be done?"

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adding music to Premiere Elements 12
            muskegonite Level 1

Thank you for your reply, I finally figured out how to do this after posting the question. I drag files from my music folder to the audio track. I was unable to delete the question I posted after I determined how to do it.

• 3. Re: Adding music to Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

muskegonite

Thanks for the follow up and the good news that you found something that worked for you with regard to importing your music into your Premiere Elements 12 project.

I would encourage you to explore the project's opportunities within the project for importing source media via the Add Media route. Note that, if you use the Expert workspace, Add Media puts the import into Project Assets from where you can drag the import to the Timeline; whereas, if you use the Quick workspace, Add Media puts the import directly into the Filmstrip, no Project Assets palette.

Continued success.

ATR