3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 1:28 AM by Salah Fadlabi

Arabic text in indesign

akeem

Hi

I have indesign cs6 version 8.0.2. I would like to know how I can have a document that has arabic and english text. As when i copy and paste my arabic text into a text window, with the correct font selected (adobe arabic), it does not work. Do I need to download a specific plug in? do I need the Middle east version of Indesign?

Please can someone help. Its for a brochure that is in arabic and english in teh same file.

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: Arabic text in indesign
          Irfangreen

Hi,

Please select all the Arabic text in InDesign and either go to Paragraph Palette flyout menu or Control panel fly out menu. You'll find a host of composers. Please select Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer instead of Adobe Paragraph Composer. And your Arabic texts will work.

You don't need to download a specific plug in. Ideally, You should need Middle east version of InDesign to get other design related ME features.

Thanks,

Irfan

• 2. Re: Arabic text in indesign
            akeem Level 1

Hi There. thanks for the reply. If I am full subscriber to the Adobe suite then is the middle east part of that subscription or is it extra?

• 3. Re: Arabic text in indesign
              Salah Fadlabi Level 5

If I am full subscriber to the Adobe suite then is the middle east part of that subscription or is it extra?

Yes, and you can download both indesign cs6 and CC that support ME.