After accepting the MS Auto update of IE6 to IE7 I had "Fatal
exception error - DW is terminating" even when clicking on Help.
Errors included "Browse_back enabled in toolbars.xml" and "get
CurrentValue in AddressURL.htm" when trying to switch between
I tried re-installing Dreamweaver MX but the problems didn't
disappear until I used the Uninstall IE V7 option in Windows
Add/Remove programs (not the one in Windows Components) - which
removes V7 and rolls back to V6.
Having wasted some hours and had severe stress and finding no
solutions on the MS website, Adobe support or with Google - I
thought I would share my experience to help others with the same