7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 3:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Work Laptop

JTonn

My work laptop was replaced, but Premiere Elements 9 was uninstalled, not deactivated. I need to have my programs working; we only have 30 days, what do I have to do to get everything working again?

• 1. Re: Work Laptop
          GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi JTonn,

Are you facing any issue with re downloading premiere elements 9 or re-installing.

Can you please elaborate the issue.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Work Laptop
            JTonn Level 1

I've reinstalled on the new laptop; but the license is already in use, and I have the 30 day warning to uninstall on the previous laptop.

• 3. Re: Work Laptop

Hi JTonn,

Can you please tell me the exact error message you get while activating premiere elements 9.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Work Laptop
                JTonn Level 1

The message states that the program is already in use on other computers. Click here if you have deactivated it already, or enter a new product key. Then it says we have 30 days to deactivate another computer or we will no longer be able to use it.

• 5. Re: Work Laptop
                  JTonn Level 1

Here it is exactly:

The first thing that is on the screen is a message that says "Activation limit reached.  Serial number has already been activated on 2 computers"

Then it gives 2 options,

1.  Retry activation.  I have already deactivated on one of my other computers.

-  when you try this option, it takes you to another screen that has directions how to deactivate on the other computers:

-  Open Premiere Elements 9 on one of the other computers.  click on the "Help" menu and select "Deactivate."   

2.  Provide another serial number. 

• 6. Re: Work Laptop

Hi JTonn,

Can you please click on retry activation now and check.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Work Laptop
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

JTonn

At this point, it is not clear to me if GautamBahl is Adobe Staff working with the Adobe Server specific to your license or a fellow user trying to help.

If you have your purchased serial number on two of your computers and you are trying to get it on a 3rd, then as per the messages that you are getting you need to deactivate the program on computer 1 or 2 so that you can use the program on computer 3. Adobe allows you to use the purchased serial number on no more than 2 of your computers.

If one of both of computer 1 and 2 cannot be opened, then Adobe is the only one to correct the situation even if you are not dealing with the current version of the program.

To contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat, click on the following link and, when it opens, ciick on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat. Adobe Chat is a major asset of Adobe with this type of issue. It can correct the issue quickly and effectively.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR