2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 4:53 PM by Mike_r26

Flex 3 Data Type Numbers in DataGrid

Mike_r26

Hi,

I am using Flex Builder 3 and am new to Flex. I have a cfc with Cold Fusion that is querying a MS Access Dbase for a table of expenses. The first column in the data grid is a string which lists the expense category (i.e. labor, material, etc. and then the next twelve columns are supposed to be the expenses by month. The numeric data is coming i as a string and i am having a hard time getting it converted to a number so it will sort correctly and to be able to do calculations with the data (i.e, add three months for quarterly info). I have searched (and maybe not in the correct areas) on the web and have not found anything that can assist. I am using the results from the CFC as the dataprovider to the grid. Can someone please assist with helping me display and data typing the numbers as integers?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

• 1. Re: Flex 3 Data Type Numbers in DataGrid
          tooMuchTrouble Level 3

The numeric data is coming i as a string and i am having a hard time getting it

converted to a number so it will sort correctly and to be able to do

search for VO (value objects) but i've never seen this happen w/numeric data.

are you sure its actually numeric not some kind of formatted string (something

like $123.45 or $1,234.56) coming out of access?

• 2. Re: Flex 3 Data Type Numbers in DataGrid
            Mike_r26 Level 1

Paul,

Thank you very much as it was a simple fix that I wasn’t even considering. It was typed as currency in Access and I just changed the type in Access to a number and it came through to the data grid in Flex as a number and allowed me to sort and perform additional calculations.

Thanks again as it is much appreciated.

-Mike