• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Player v.12.0.7.148 After Installation - Does Not Appear within Programs & Features list

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Shockwave v.12.0.7.148 to my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS but it does not appear listed & installed from my Programs & Features list. Flash appears there, Reader appears there but Shockwave doesn't. Is this intended or a glitch? Is Adobe aware of the problem & are they fixing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave is a plugin, not an app. It won't appear in your Program FIles. It should be in the Programs and features list with the other Free Adobe apps.

1.jpg

Check your browser Add-ons to see if it appears there:

IE

2.jpg

Firefox

3.jpg

Chrome

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to rephrase - Shockwave WHEN installed does not appear listed on my Programs & Features list. It appears on my laptop's Program's & Features list simply because I have not upgraded it, yet If i were to install to the latest version of shockwave, it may not appear on the Programs & feature list on my laptop either. Why the inconsistancies?

Message was edited by: The Adobalizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look! Shockwave is INSTALLED yet it does not appear on my Features & Programs list.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a bad registry key.

Use the Shockwave Player Uninstaller and then the FULL installer(s) from here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Note: the download links say "11", but they're 12.0.7.r148. I've used them on seven different machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know about that page & have used the uninstaller from that page repeatedly but I would install Shockwave from this page - http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

I NEVER had problems like this before. Why, now all of a sudden? I make it a habit to keep my PC up to date with the latest version READER, FLASH & SHOCKWAVE. I never had a problem like this before. Speak with the Adobe software engineers, what do they have to say about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll forward this thread. It's odd. I have XP, Vista, 7 and two 8 machines and none of them fail to show the Shockwave in the installed programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's photos during the installationCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's Step 3 of 3 of the Shockwave Installation1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, correct me If I'm wrong, I dont remember ever having installation related issues with Shockwave before. When Shockwave is installed, It's suppose to show up on the Programs & Features list. Since this last Shockwave update, IT DOESN'T!  Dear Adobe, check your software. Here's What my Programs & Features list looks like following the most recent Shockwave installation.

Capture33.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is more than likely something only on your system or maybe even on the user account.

Here's my XP (SP3 64 bit) machine:

1xp.jpg

Vista Ultimate (64 bit SP2):

2vista.jpg

Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit SP1):

3win7.jpg

Win 8 Enterprise (64bit):

4win8.jpg

and the other Win 8 Home (64 bit):

5win8.jpg

As you can see... five different machines, five different OS's and it shows on all of them. If it was the something in the software, there'd be thousands of people posting about it here and elsewhere. That just isn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines