If it is not an incompatible driver or an unsupported GPU we can't even guess without full system specs.
(1) - APPLE MAC PRO A1186 EMC 2138 TOWER
• (2) - INTEL XEON 3.0GHZ QUAD CORE X5365 CPU
• (1) - NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 GT GRAPHICS CARD 256MB VRAM 08G17010880 - INSIDE TOWER
• (2) - RAM RISER BOARDS - INSIDE TOWER
• (2) - EDGE 1GB RAM 45245-53 - ON RAM RISER BOARD
• (1) - EDGE 2GB RAM 46713-53 - ON RAM RISER BOARD
• (1) - EDGE 2GB RAM 46062-53 - ON RAM RISER BOARD
• (2) - EDGE 1GB RAM 4869402-53 - ON RAM RISER BOARD
• (1) - 6X DL SUPERDRIVE - INSIDE TOWER
3tb hard drive
8 core.. if I didnt put it above
That is not a GPU that can be used for the ray-traced 3D renderer.
What exact version of After Effects are you using?
Todd asked for exact version, that is 12.1.0? 12.0.0? 12.2.0?
So your message is just a warning that you do not have a compatible GPU.. AE will still run just fine, Ray-Traced renders will be slow.
Do you think if I upgraded my video card it would help?