2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 7:03 AM by Szalam

How to make money fall on screen?

agnostic-faith

Im working on a scene in a music video with a rapper walking through a hall and I want to make cash notes falling around him. But im kind of new to AE and not really sure about the best way to do it. should I make the note in Maya and then import it into a particle system in AE? and if so what would be the best way going about it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to make money fall on screen?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You will need to separate your talent from the background so you can have the notes fall in front of him and behind him. I'd just create an image sequence of the front and back of bills curved in several ways and use them as a sprite or textured polygon in Particular. You could also look for some falling money greenscreen stock footage.

You could also create your bills in C4D, Blender, or any other 3D app and render two passes, one for in front of your talent and one for in back. The key to making this work is the layer stack, matching the lighting, and pre-production planning. I hope this helps.

• 2. Re: How to make money fall on screen?
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

agnostic-faith wrote:

But im kind of new to AE

Before you get too far ahead of yourself and end up frustrated, make sure you start here first. If you miss out on a foundational understanding of how AE works, you will not be a happy camper.