5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 8:22 AM by Willi Adelberger

Indesign file size

yas_78

I am new to using InDesign and new to this forum - so sorry if I am not clear enough.

So I had a designer make a magazine for me - I got the sources files, along with the print ready PDF. After I received the files I noticed two very small things which I thought I could change myself, as my designer in not available for a little while. Anyway I went into the source file and made the changes.

I thought I followed the correct steps to make sure everything saved correctly for high quality print ( I went to file, export, selected Adobe PDF (Print), I then named and saved the document, then from the new pop-up window, I selected 'marks and bleeds' and checked the boxes for 'all printer's marks' and 'use document bleed setting.)

Now the file looks fine to me but I am not familar with Indesign. When I checked the properities of this new file it was 10MB smaller than the orginal version my designer gave me. I am very worried that I have done something to this file and it will not be the correct quaility for printing....

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on here?

I am using a PC, with windows 7 and Indesign creative cloud- if you need that information...

Thanks in advance