• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 adjustments not showing in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until a few days ago, when I choose "Edit in Lightroom" my RAW files (NEF) would show up in Photoshop with the Lightroom adjustments (without a warning dialog), but somehow this changed. When I open an image in Photoshop from Lightroom it does not show all adjustments. Also when I open the image as a smart object the Lightroom adjustments are ignored. As far as I know I didn't change any settings myself. I have the most recent versions of Lightroom 5 (5.3) and Photoshop CC (14.2). I've read some older solution for this problem by resetting the warning dialogs, but that didn't help. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 117 Replies 117
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problems since my Photoshop CC was updated 3 days ago. Running all latest versions. This seems to be a bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here, same versions (Windows 7, 64-bit).

You say "When I open an image in Photoshop from Lightroom it does not show all adjustments".  Do you mean is shows some adjustments, but not all adjustments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I think it started with the update to Photoshop CC that happened a few days ago. On some files, certain adjustments show up and others don't. Sometimes, the files don't even open completely: only a "slice" of them shows up in Photoshop. I hope they fix that soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Sometimes a couple of adjustments are there, sometimes the file doesn't open at all. Even though there are workarounds (save the file as TIFF first, then open it in PS) I wonder why this changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it consistent?  I mean: are there some particular adjustments (or types of adjustment) that don't show, and some that do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I can see no pattern. I'm editing very similar files with all the same adjustments (with slight variations, of course), yet some work and others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting development today. Now when I want to edit a RAW file from Lightroom, I select it, click Edit in Photoshop CC, Photoshop opens, but the image is not loaded in Photoshop. There were no further updates done i the last couple of days, but things seem to be broken even more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same thing - some edits do not show up. As far as I can see the problem is with the "top tools" in Lightroom: Crop, Spot removal, Red eye correction, Graduated filter, Radial Filter and Adjustment brush. If one or more of these tools are used the edits do not cary over - if they are not used the edits do cary over.

Hope a bug fix is released soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced this and cannot reproduce. So can the posters who are seeing this please provide more details of your system, files, Lr version and steps to reproduce - settings in file, etc.

Maybe someone could provide a link to a file that has settings that seem to cause this as either a DNG or raw file with xmp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing another buggy behavior in LR 5.3 on Win7 64. In the Develop module, Basic panel, there are 4 sliders, named Highlights, Shadows, Whites, and Blacks.

At the moment, I have all four sliders, but the control name for Whites has gone missing. The slider is ithere, it works (appears to), registers a numeric value...but it doesn't have a name.

Quite odd. Makes me wonder if a software resource file was munged or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start your own thread for this.

TMWhelan wrote:

I'm seeing another buggy behavior in LR 5.3 on Win7 64. In the Develop module, Basic panel, there are 4 sliders, named Highlights, Shadows, Whites, and Blacks.

At the moment, I have all four sliders, but the control name for Whites has gone missing. The slider is ithere, it works (appears to), registers a numeric value...but it doesn't have a name.

Quite odd. Makes me wonder if a software resource file was munged or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above I have the problem...

The system I'm on is an iMac running OSX 10.9.1 (Maverick). Lightroom is version 5.3 with Camera Raw 8.3 and Photoshop CC is version 14.2 x64 with Camera Raw 8.3.0.141

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same trouble for me on my Mac with Mavericks since the latest update. Only the original DNG file without any retouching opens in CC. Now I have to export the retouched file as a Tiff file and import in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an iMac running OSX 10.9.1 (2.9 Ghz i5, 24 GB RAM) with Lightroom 5.3, CameraRAW 8.3 and Photoshop CC 14.2 x64. My files affected are Nikon D800 NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, seems like a Mac thing, now where are you image files? If you have them in another folder/drive do they open ok??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have files on my internal harddisk and on a NAS server in my Lightroom catalog. I tried both. The files do open (not always) in Photoshop and some adjustments are there, but the crop adjustment in Lightroom is always skipped by Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the file from my external or internal drive makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it works as expected for me with 10.9.1 and Lr5.3 with PSCC 14.2.... so am confident somewhere there is a permissions/preference issue somehow.

Have any of you tried removing the preference file to the desktop??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, by me no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Removed the file com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist from the preferences folder. Did a quick crop on a NEF and it wouldn't open in Photoshop from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you repaired permissions on your mac??

fotoblogger wrote:

I did, by me no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, also no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, try another catalog please... export a few files to a new catalog.... thanks, just trying options!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did. The original DNG was imported in CC but not the retouched files. Same trouble/bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines