3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 9:53 AM by Lucia Lao

Compatibility of adobe forms

VineetJain

I am a newbie to Adobe forms. We have a requirement in which we need to create forms and ask our customers to fill those forms. Most of the form elements would be long text fields for essay type questions , or simple text fields for (name, title, date etc). We are worried about the compatibility of these forms across different versions of Acrobat reader and different Operating systems (Mac, Windows XP , Vista, 7 etc). (We didn't have a good experience with PDF forms due to compatibility issues.)

Would you please advice on best practices? Points that we need to take care of. Does Adobe provides server to build forms for customer (based on their requirements?)

thank you

• 1. Re: Compatibility of adobe forms
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Let me point you to the overview of Adobe FormsCentral and LiveCycle products:

FormsCentral: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1413

LiveCycle: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle.html

LiveCycle Designer: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/tools/designer.html

It depends on what kind of workflow you will have, FormsCentral will not provide you to customize the form server, whereas, LiveCycle will allow you to do so.

Based on your example (your first paragraph) you can try FormsCentral Web form, these are HTML forms and user will use common web browsers (for example, IE, Safari...etc) to fill out and submit their form.  As for FormsCentral PDF form, as long as you use Adobe Acrobat/Reader or mobile Reader in your form workflow then incompatibility issues should be very minimum.

I believe you could sign up as a free user to try the products out and see which one fits your needs best.

Thanks,

Lucia

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Compatibility of adobe forms
            VineetJain Level 1

Hi Lucia,

Thank you for the response and information. I made a typing error in my last sentence of my orginal post. I meant to ask - Does Adobe provide professional services to build forms for customer (based on their requirements?)

Our earlier forms (which had compatibility issues) were built on Adobe acrobat XI Pro.

thank you

vineet 

• 3. Re: Compatibility of adobe forms
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.  We do not provide professional services to create form. However, FormsCentral provides over 100 form Templates.  Please take a look at these and see if any of these fits your needs. 

(You have access to these templates with a Free subscription.  Sign in, and select Create New Form tab)

Thanks,

Lucia