This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Welcome to the forum
Not a problem that anyone has posted about. You say it is the editor so I wonder if somehow it is installing with the zoom set to less than 100%?
Peter, thanks for your quick response.
No the zoom is 100% and if you increase it you see the fonts are not normal (eg kerning between letters not right).
And you are right, this is a unique situation (except that it happens on 3 pc's with a variety of OSs). I scanned the internet but I can't find any reference to this. So obvious, it must be something else I have installed on the 3 pc's.
That would be Office2007, Visualparadigm UML, VS2005 with Infragistic and Adobe Acrobat Standard 8. Before this issue, I never new you could have problems with fonts... :-)
- Peter -
It does sound local. If you track it down, please let us know just in case someone else hits this.
I found the problem ! There seems to be a serieus bug in Robohelp 7. When you set the windows to US or UK number formats, all works as normal. When you set windows to Dutch number formats, you get a microfont in the HTM editor and error messages such as "multiple values found for margins" on various locations in the program. My bet is that Robohelp is not interpreting numbers with commas as decimal points correctly.
I wouldn't like to comment on that. Not disagreeing, it's simply not something I know enough about.
I have forwarded a link to this thread to Adobe so it will get looked at.
It is a bit puzzling as the behaviour is found whenever windows is configured to display numbers in western european format with a comma as decimal point. So also when vista or xp is switched to French number format.
For example, when you switch windows to French formats, than launch Robohelp and change the printer page margins, you typically get error : "Found 'margin-left:' property with too many values". Change the number format so that France is using a decimal point instead of a decimal comma and all works as normal. You can change printer margins without errors. The behaviour is consistent on XP and Vista and in Robohelp 7.0 and 7.01.001. It is an anoying bug because now I have to memorize my windows uses decimal points instead of (our) standard decimal comma.