• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed To Register error

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium (was using Adobe Flash Player 11 without any problems).  I tried to install Adobe Flash Player 12 after uninstalling previous version and rebooting; however installation stops at about 50% then I receive an error   Failed To Register  ...   I am the Administrator for this pc.  

I attempted to install Adobe Flash Player 12  offline  by saving the file (install_flash_player_ax) to my DOWNLOADS folder then ran the program with Internet Exployer closed.  When I did this I got an error  ACTIVEX FOR FLASH PLAYER could not register...  What am I doing wrong?

Help Please.

Message was edited by: Grandmom

Message was edited by: Grandmom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

SAVE the files (don't choose "Run")

Reboot and rtun them from your downloads folder.

You'll see no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Mike's link do not solve the problem, try to run download and run the MSI installer: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_12_active_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines