2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 9:56 AM by sebasvideo

Point of interest in custom view

sebasvideo

I looked this up in the help and online but I couldn't find a definitive answer. As far as I can see, there is no way to set a point of interest for the camera in the custom view, correct? I'm not talking about the composition camera, but the "camera" that you move around when you are in custom view. It's much more time consuming to work in custom view without being able to set the point around which it rotates. As far as I can tell, the point of interest is fixed to the camera as if it was the regular camera when it's at its default state.

• 1. Re: Point of interest in custom view
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

As far as I can see, there is no way to set a point of interest for the camera in the custom view, correct?

That is correct.  It is just a view.  It's there to help you visualize things in 3D space.  You will never be able to render from a view.

You can ONLY render an active camera, and cameras have points of interest.

• 2. Re: Point of interest in custom view
            sebasvideo Level 1

Thanks Dave, I actually wasn't going to render the custom view, I work with the custom view window in the main GUI and the camera view in a second comp window on the second monitor, and I use the custom view to adjust bezier curves and move keyframes around. When the scene gets complicated and you get really close to the keyframe, rotating the camera around becomes a task that requires several movements, when it would require just one if the point of interest could be set to be the keyframe you're trying to modify. Which would actually be a great feature, I don't know if maybe someone who knows could release that as a script.