8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:40 AM by HapJax

Audio Menu Empty

HapJax

I just installed PrE 12 and I want to insert audio. I was following along with the Adobe tutorial, but once I got to the point where you select from the Audio tab, it is completely empty. Nothing at all to choose from. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Audio Menu Empty
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. What OS version are you running PrE 12 on?
          2. Exactly what steps have you performed, in that tutorial?
          3. Also, do you have a link to that tutorial, so that we can see what the instructor is directing you to do?

Thank you,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio Menu Empty
            A.T. Romano Level 7

HapJax

Did you check out what was under the Premiere Elements 12 Audio Tab (Music Scores and Sound Effects) before you found the tutorial and started to follow it in your project? If so, did you have Music Scores and Sound Effects at that time?

I suspect not, but we will not know until you tell us.

If you did not look beforehand, then I suspect they were not there at all.

Something similar happened to another Premiere Elements 12 user recently. I will need to find that thread. But the bottom line was that an uninstall/reinstall corrected the sitution.

The sequence of events

1. Sign Out of the Program via a project's Help Menu/Sign Out

2. Uninstall the program via the Control Panel/Installed Programs usual route.

3. Do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. With the anti-virus and firewalls turned off, reinstall the program

Please let us know if that resolved the problem.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Audio Menu Empty
              HapJax Level 1

Hi and thanks,

I am running Windows XP.

Here's the link to the tutorial: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-elements-12/music-scores/

All I did was open Premiere Elements and hover over the music tab to find nothing to choose from.

Premiere_Audio_Screenshot.jpg

• 4. Re: Audio Menu Empty
                HapJax Level 1

ATR,

Yes, I checked the tab first and when I found nothing, I went online to try to figure out what was going on. That's when I came across this video tutorial: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-elements-12/music-scores/

I will try to Un-install / Re-install to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for your imput.

• 5. Re: Audio Menu Empty
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HapJax

Thanks for the update.

Did you find the Music Scores and Sound Effects missing in both the Expert workspace and Quick workspace under the Audio Tab or just in Quick as shown in your screenshot?

The last person who reported that type of issue found that the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall worked to make those Audio options appear, so I am hoping that works for you. If not, we will rethink the matter and devise another troubleshooting scheme for this. Be sure to turn off the anti-virus and firewalls before reinstalling.

ATR

• 6. Re: Audio Menu Empty
                    HapJax Level 1

It's empty in both the Quick and Expert views.

• 7. Re: Audio Menu Empty
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

HapJax

Thanks for that additional information.

Please consider the uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall as a remedy for this situation. Please include anti-virus and firewalls off during the reinstall.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Audio Menu Empty
                        HapJax Level 1

Just an update... a week later after  un-install / re-install, I am still having the same problem -- no music to select from in the Audio Tab. I was able to move on with my project by importing music files I downloaded from a royalty-free website, but it would have been much more convenient to use the PrE12 music library. Thanks for your suggestions.