3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 2:20 PM by Josh_Corey

How do I change the item label width...

grafton@concrete.ly

Hola,

How do I change the item label width without it affecting the item label width of the labels below?

Currently I have a Date field on my first line and a Pre-Authorization Needed? boolean on the second line. There is no way these should be the same width, as it wastes an insane amount of space. Thoughts?

Thanks!

G

• 1. Re: How do I change the item label width...
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

This FAQ describes what is going on: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4231 and I provide a work around that, while it is far from ideal, has helped some users format their forms more to their liking.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: How do I change the item label width...
            grafton@concrete.ly Level 1

Hi Josh,

While I appreciate the reply, this unfortunately isn't viable.

I need to be able to put a different number of objects per line. This first 'blank object' makes the 2nd fine, but doesn't help after that.

I'll take a step back; attached is an image of the paper document I'm trying to make into an editable PDF for office use. As you can see some objects need very little space and we'd want 5 or 6 on a line (Date, Time, Staff Initials) while others need more room and would be one or two objects per line (Insurance Company, Insured Name).

What suggestion can you give on how to build this out? Is there no way around giving Date or simple booleans the same field length as other, longer data types?

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Best,

G

photo.jpg

• 3. Re: How do I change the item label width...
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

I am not clear on how it doesn't help after the 2nd field, the rest of the fields in the row can be sized as you need and independently of fields in other rows.  There is some default spacing between the fields, but you can adjust the text input box size by grabbing the right side of that input box, and you can increase the space between fields by resizing the right edge of the field (dotted line around the field). 

You can certainly have 5-6 items on one line, and 2 on another and everything but that very first item per row can be sized independently.  I think you should be able to design a form that fulfills the requirements of the image you attached. 

Thanks,

Josh