25 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 10:30 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

fdnyfish Level 1

I am not able to burn to my LG Bluray Burner (model WH10LS30).

I am able to burn to another standard DVD drive, but I am trying to burn a HD Bluray now.

My drive does have the latest firmware as of 12/2013 and works fine in my Win7 64bit environment

When I try to burn the DVD I get a "No Burners Detected" see attached image

1.jpg

Here is my drive in Device Manager

2.jpg

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fdnyfish

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please clarify....

In one instance you show a screenshot with nothing in the burner location field for a Blu-ray choice with an assume Blu-ray disc in the burner tray. And, then you conclude with

When I try to burn the DVD I get a "No Burners Detected" see attached image

Please state what is displayed in the burner location field after each of the following is selected

DVD

AVCHD

Blu-ray

Have you tried to disable the burner (shown in Device Manager) that is not being used?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
            fdnyfish Level 1

Premiere Elements 11

Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Please state what is displayed in the burner location field after each of the following is selected

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I did not disable the burner not being used in device manager.  What is the point of doing that?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
              A.T. Romano Level 7

fdnyfish

The point of disabling the unused burner was to rule in or out an influences from its installation on the problem that you report...Blu-ray setting, Blu-ray burner recognition other burner.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-burning.htm l

Besides the liberally used "incompatible burner" explanation, other programs as well as burner installation could be involved.

If we end up with "incompatible burner" and are stuck with it, you might want to check out the Phantom Burner since Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray does not have a burn to folder option.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

Is your Blu-ray burner the internal or external type?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1352796

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                A.T. Romano Level 7

fdnyfish

Just in case, check that antivirus programs are not interferring here. Strange things can happen.

Did you try disabling the other burner and/or browsing through the Adobe document cited previously?

Do you have access to an external Blu-ray burner for some cross checking?

It is a long shot but often an uninstall reinstall remedies the situation. If it were DVD instead of Blu-ray I would suggest some registry work "refreshing DVD drivers.

1. In a open project, deactivate Premiere Elements 11 on your Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit via Help Menu/Deactivate.

2. Uninstall the program via the usual Control Panel/Install Program route area.

3. Do a run through with ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs or uninstalls.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls off.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                  Hans Segalt Hansen Level 1

I have exactly the same problem. Same windows system, Premiere Elements 14,  a new internal SATA bluray burner from LG. I have disabled the second DVD burner - didn't help. Did you find a solution fdnyfish ?

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                    fdnyfish Level 1

No I did not.  I have a fresh install of windows on my pc.  I am able to burn bluray with another program but not with elements

*Sent from my iPhone 5*

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

fdnyfish

Sorry your news is not better.

But, thanks for the update by way of the reply to Hans Segalt Hansen.

When you say that you are able to burn bluray with another program but not with elements, are we dealing with the same computer (although fresh Windows install) and same Blu-ray DVD burner?

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                        fdnyfish Level 1

Yes same computer after fresh install of windows

*Sent from my iPhone 5*

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

Please confirm that your Premiere Elements 14 is really Premiere Elements 12. I think that was a typing error but just wanted to make sure.

Have you gone through the thread, also looking for conflicting programs, 3rd party codecs, and 3rd party plug-ins that might be contributing to the problem. Also, checking possible contributions to the problem from security programs as well as antivirus?

Do you have excess to a USB external Blu-ray DVD burner as a check against what you have and are getting now?

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

It is Premiere Elements 14, and I have no excess to a USB ext. burner. My DVD is working without any problems. I do not think I should have any conflicting programs running - have not many different programs on my pc. Antivirus is from Microsoft.

My burner is LG Combo Sata 12 x CH12NS30 internal B. It's showing no problems in controlpanel.

br. Hans

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>It is Premiere Elements 14

Impossible... Version 12 was just released September 23 2013 and there is NO way Adobe has already released versions 13 and 14

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

Thank you very much for the reply.

Previously I asked for confirmation on what you wrote which I was sure was a typing error.

I wrote in post 10:

Please confirm that your Premiere Elements 14 is really Premiere Elements 12. I think that was a typing error but just wanted to make sure.

Apparently it was not a typing error. But, what then? There is no Premiere Elements version after Premiere Elements 12. John T. Smith apparently has informed you of that also before I could get back to the thread.

This is an important enough point to stop and clear up before we move forward with the burner issues.

Where are you seeing Premiere Elements 14...

a. In Expert workspace, Window Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements and the splash screen

b. On the installation disc if the program came with an installation disc

c. some place else

Did you purchase your Premiere Elements 14 from Adobe or from an authorized reseller?

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes depending on the details.

Looking forward to further information.

Thanks you for the follow ups.

ATR

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

Thanks you for the information on Premiere Elements 11.

Please look at the issue with the anti-virus disabled in the Action Center of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit if you are working with one of those).

Do you have any other version of Premiere Elements installed on this same computer? If so, does that other version recognize the Blu-ray DVD burner in the burn dialog of its share/disc area? If this does not apply, then.....

Have you gone through the routine of Premiere Elements 11 uninstall (via Control Panel route), followed by ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), and then Premiere Elements 11 reinstall with the anti-virus and firewalls turned off.

If all else fails, is the following Blu-ray disc image workflow a consideration?

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

Also, on your computer, please review again all other programs, 3rd party plug-ins, and security programs that might be candidates for triggering this burner lack of Blu-ray recognition matter.

I do not think this applies ot you, but I will mention anyway, if you have more than one burner, please disable the other.

More later.

ATR

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

Did the uninstall as described without firewall, antivirus. Ccleaner, reboot, reinstall. Got a failure at "Installing shared components" "The setup has detected that ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe dynamiclinkmanager (dynamiclinkmanager.exe) is currently in use. Please close all runnings exe (s). Closed EAA and DLM and installed the program.
                                    Starting elements 11 - seems as it starts, but it hang. I have been able to start the program (takes a while with no startpicture on the screen?! - suddenly it wakes up). Add only a small *.mts file but as soon as I click on Publish and Share it hangs again.
                                    I have un- and reinstalled several times with and without preferences, restored to the 27 January, used sfc/scannow, uninstalled all programs that had to do with video etc.
                                    My graphicdriver is up-to-date.
                                    Elements 11 worked fine before uninstalling (but not with the bluray) - yesterday.
                                    Any suggestions ?
                                    Hans

.. after a while I got to the menu Publish and Share, and still no Bluray shown.

It seem, that the program is working very very very v.....................  slow ?

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

Thanks for the follow up.

1. Did you overcome the Shared Technologies error on reinstall? That is a troublesome issue that is independant of Premiere Elements version and computer operating systems. There are many suggested remedies. The one that has been working for me lately is renaming the OOBE Folder to OLDOOBE before reinstall.

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the OOBE Folder that you rename if this Shared Technologies error is blocking an install or reinstall.

As for

The setup has detected that ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe dynamiclinkmanager (dynamiclinkmanager.exe)

Opening to Task Manager/Processes, finding those .exe files, and doing an End Process typically takes care of those problems.

Since you have reinstalled the program, you must have succeeded in the above. Great job.

Have you done an inspection, seeking pile ups of preview files, conformed audio, and conformed video files? Is the computer defragmented? These days the defragmentation is done automatically, but worth checking.

You indicated that the video card driver is up to date. Was the latest update done after Premiere Elements 11 was working well? If so, you could look at roll back of the video card driver version. If it does not improve the situation, you could always revert to the one that you know to be current.

A remote possibility that an antivirus update might be involved in the recent events. Have you looked at your present situation with and without the antivirus enabled?

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

Hi AT,

After my reply I did everything once again. Status is, that elements11 works only with my DVD burner. My BluRay slow down the system, which it not did yesterday. I have tried everything about en-/disable antivirus and firewall, I have used ccleaner before and after boot etc. etc. I have reinstalled all drivers for my motherboard, I have deleted all programs which had something to do with my dvd/bluray drive. Have used different Fix-It from Microsoft etc.etc.
                                        I did opening the Task Manager for closing...
                                        I used 8-9 hours today without finding the failure, so I think I'll wait and see if anyone else get the same problem and maybe have a solution for that (or maybe look at the problem tomorrow again :-) - the only program I didn't delete was Movie Maker - just remembered that program now ).

br Hans

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

Very discouraging. Is this a new Blu-ray burner that you can try to switch for another?

Does your computer have iTunes installed? Have you looked at that program affecting the drive?

Let us know how you do with the delete of the Movie Maker. I do not think that is the answer, but at this point nothing should be overlooked.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

Went through my reg.database - manually - and took away everything for old programs which had to do with video. Nothing helped.

An hour ago I downloaded the trial of Cyberlink PowerDirector 11. No problems - with both DVD- and Bluray-burner connected.

I am very close to have no other programs running as Elements and CyberLinks, means "no iTunes and no other program that can conflict".

As described my Bluray works, I bought it 22 JAN 2014.

Elements 11 still not working. Starting the program is very slow. When I do not want to wait for the program to startup I close with the "X". One to two minutes later the program comes back on my screen again. And still not the opportunity to use my bluray burner.

So...?!

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans Segalt Hansen

At this point do you see any merit in doing a complete uninstall reinstall of the internal Blu-ray burner?

Did the internal Blu-ray burner come built into your computer or did you install it yourself?

ATR

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

Hi ATR,

Still have the problem.The burner I installed by myself - bought it 22 jan 2014. It's working in other programs.

You haven't heard from fdnyfish if he has solved the problem ?

Yesterday I tried to make an AVCHD onto my HDD - took 7-8 hours for rendering (around 22Gb). At 99% and 5 seconds left the program freeze, and nothing to do. Why ??

Hans

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans

I suspect that fdnyfish may have gone on to another program for the burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. If fdnyfish does not post in this thread again within the next 24 hours, I will try to contact the ID by private message to see what is happening in that situation.

What did you use for your export of your Timeline content to an AVCHD file saved to the computer hard drive?

Publish+Share/Computer/ then what, and what was Presets set to? That 22 GB file size is large. What were your computer resources at the start...available RAM and free hard drive space, especially at the location where the 22 GB file was to be saved?

In all that we have discussed, have you ever said what computer operating system is being used for your Premiere Elements 11? If Premiere Elements 11 is running on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it is a 64 bit application and can profit from the addtional resources of the 64 bit system. But, if you are using any other Windows computer operating system, your Premiere Elements 11 is a 32 bit application with all the resource liabilities of the 32 bit system.

For troubleshooting purposes only, you should consider making a copy of your current project (File Menu/Save A Copy) and using the copy to do an export of just 11 GB (delete 1/2 the project) and determine if that export to AVCHD file goes to completion.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30

It's an Acer M7711, 8gb ram and over 400gb free hd-space. Windows 7 64 bit.

Publish+Share/Computer/MP4-H264 1920x1080p 24e

Have just tried to make the same to a file only 30 seconds long - without any problem. So I think I have to split my movie or get some more memory

Looking forward to hear if you get some informations from fdnyfish.

br. Hans

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements does not recognize my blu ray burner LG WH10LS30
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hans

Thanks for the latest news on your troubleshooting.

Good idea reviewing your computer resources, but also the complexity of the Timeline content.

It would be interesting to know if each 1/2 of the whole Timeline exports with the same export time or if 1/2 takes much much longer than the other or just fails.

Just now I have sent an Adobe private message to fdnyfish to determine if we can get an update on fdnyfish's Premiere Elements burn to issue.

ATR