• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE7 Beta 3 not able to Read webhelp HTM

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2006 Aug 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE7 is running fine on my WinXP Pro SP2 computer - except that it balks at showing any webhelp or webhelp pro HTM files that Robohelp X5 generates. If I upload the files to a server, then it shows them. I didn't keep careful history, but this didn't happen when I was using IE6. I have no problem with flashhelp files. Any tips on the IE settings or other environmental issues will be appreciated. thanks,
david
P.S. The generated files display properly with Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey - it's just IE7 that balks. Generates no error message - just shuts down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

TA DA!!!!! It worked! A big thanks!!! I had needed to reinstall Robohelp after installing IE7 (was receiving message "Please install a browser...") and was worried that I had a serious problem. Thanks so much. Everything now works great again. Much appreciated, Thank you, Rick.
david

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2006 Aug 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi david

Have you tried clicking Tools > Internet Options... > Advanced tab, scrolling to the Security section and placing a check mark in the check box labeled "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"?

I'm not able to see IE7 at the moment, so I'm not sure if this option is in the same place and is labeled the same.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TA DA!!!!! It worked! A big thanks!!! I had needed to reinstall Robohelp after installing IE7 (was receiving message "Please install a browser...") and was worried that I had a serious problem. Thanks so much. Everything now works great again. Much appreciated, Thank you, Rick.
david

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Ouch! While reinstalling RoboHelp seems to have done the trick, it was a bit on the extreme side. You could have easily avoided that.

I'm curious to know, however, why you listed you were getting the message "Please install a browser.." in your reply marking it as the ultimate answer. In your first post, you said:

P.S. The generated files display properly with Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey - it's just IE7 that balks. Generates no error message - just shuts down.

Had we known you were receiving the "Please install a browser" message, we could have provided a quick way to correct things without reinstalling RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,

. . . and if I should happen to encounter this problem in the future, the solution is . . . .?

Regards,

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp