3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 3:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 has stopped rendering, how do I reactivate.

Instrument Man

Premiere elements 12 has stopped rendering my work. How do I reactivate the feature?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 has stopped rendering, how do I reactivate.
          GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi Instrument Man

Try to recreate the preferences for premiere elements.

For windows C:\Users\Usename\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements 12.0 (Appdata is a hidden folder make sure you unhide it from the organize settings of windows)

rename the folder 12.0 to 12.old

For Mac open the finder window clcik on go>go to folder and type ~/library and press enter

Double click on preferences and open the Adobe folder and rename 12.0 to 12.old

Make sure premiere premiere elements is closed while you are renaming the folder.

Then open premiere elements and check whether the issue persists. Also try to delete all the rendered files and then try to render and check.

Please reply in case the issue persist.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 has stopped rendering, how do I reactivate.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Instrument Man

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

What type of rendering are you referring to....rendering the Timeline content to get the best possible preview or render as in export Publish+Share/?

For now I will assume rendering the Timeline content for preview purposes...

a. What is the color of the line at the top of the Timeline (over your file on Video 1)...no colored line, green line, or orange line. If no colored line or green, the content will never render since you have the best possible preview already. Also, make sure that the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar are positioned to span the entire content of what you want rendered on the Timeline otherwise the render will only include what is actually spanned by the placement of those two gray tabs.

If you are talking about render as in export, please detail what is going on or not going on under Publish+Share/, including a description of your Timeline content (properties) and project settings.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 has stopped rendering, how do I reactivate.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

GautamBahl

Where are you getting your information on

Try to recreate the preferences for premiere elements

and using the following path to do that.

For windows C:\Users\Usename\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements 12.0

You are the second one today who seems to be off the path. Either that, or you know of a new approach to "resetting the preference for premiere elements" using the the Logs Folder and Trace Dalabase.txt file in the 12.0 folder in the Premiere Elements 12.0 Folder.

The path that I find is

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0

and in the 12.0 Folder is the following

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

12 Folder.JPG

Here you have the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you can delete. And, if that does not work, you can delete the whole Premiere Elements Folder in which the 12.0 Folder exists.

The Adobe Folder in the above path also contains a Premiere Elements 12.0 Folder which contains a 12 Folder. This particular 12 Folder contents look like this

PE12 not right.JPG

Even Adobe documentation seem to acknowledge the way to the "preferences" that we are.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements. html#main_Premiere_Elements_preferences_

even though the document cites an earlier version than 12.

But, I have actually looked at the computer files for Premiere Elements 4 through 12 and see what I am reporting. Have you checked these computer files first hand?

If I am misinterpreting what you and the other person today are posting here, please accept my apologizes but explain the rationale behind your approach.

Thank you.

ATR