Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing TOC in CHM build

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2006 Jun 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I created an HTML help project (CHM) using RH Office X5 several weeks ago, made updates to it and published it several times. Today, I opened it, generated the output, but now suddenly the TOC is missing.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Is it corrupt?

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Are you still seeing the Index and Search tabs? or is it just the contents tab missing?
Have you checked the window properties? is the Index and Contents checkbox still selected before compiling.
Are you merging .chms?

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. I'm assuming you mean the TOC was missing from the CHM file and not from the project itself. Well to get on with trying to answer your query I have lots of questions.....sorry Have any changes been made to the window properties of the CHM (e.g. alternate TOC etc.). Is the problem limited to one PC? Is the index also missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum and Craig,

Thanks guys - it was a problem with the window properties. I created a new window last week for a context-sensitive help test and screwed something up. I changed it back to point to the correct window and checked the "TOC & Index" box and now it works.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad you are sorted Jim.
As you can see, Column and I took the oportunity to throw in a game of snap 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp