I don't have time to research an answer to your question but I can give you a link to changes in InDesign CS6, CC 9.0 and CC 9.2. There have been a ton of changes.
Here is a link to changes in InDesign CS6:
Here are links to changes in InDesign CC 9.0:
Here are more changes in InDesign CC 9.2:
Thanks Steve. I know CS6 matched CS5.5 in this respect so it is either new to CC9.0 or CC9.2. Can't find any mention of this change in the quick look I had through the documentation you linked to but I'll have a more thorough look later.
1 person found this helpful
Here's another good source of information if you have access to Lynda.com. Anne-Marie Concepcion just released a new video on preparing EPUB in InDesign which is up-to-date with these features. You can get to it here:
Thanks again Steve. Those links didn't shed any light on my issue but I will watch the lynda.com videos and hopefully that will help.
'Relative to Text Flow' is same as 'Relative to Page Width'. As in reflowable epubs text flows in full page width and it makes more sense to call it realtive to text flow instead of page width.
Your case should work fine. width = 100% is not there in img tag as we have improved our html markup. Now this information is going in CSS. There must be classes generated by the name _idGenPageitem, so if you see in CSS correspoinding to the div class of your img tag, there would be the information regarding your width percentage.
On which device you are verifying your epub. This case should work fine, if you are still seeing issue, any more information about what other steps you are performing would be helpful.
Thanks for your reply Anshul. I was checking the file (in the first instance) in ADE. I have now checked it in iBooks and it works okay there. Thanks to your message I think I see what's happening now. Indesign is outputting the xhtml differently from CS5.5 - some of the styling is moved to the CSS file. For my test I used an existing CSS file (that I use when exporting from CS5.5) - that obviously doesn't have the new styling info in it. It just so happens that my hybrid ePUB (CC xhtml with CS5.5 CSS) doesn't display correctly in ADE and does in iBooks.
I don't intend to use this workflow, this was just my first exploration into CC's ePUB output and I was surprised it went so wrong so quickly, but I understand what's going on now. Thank you.
I just found yesterday that there is a new version of Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 posted. It may have improvements in EPUB display. I just downloaded yesterday.
Thanks Steve - I didn't know that. I've just downloaded it. The Adobe page still has v2 for download!