• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing the latest version of Flash Player (12.0.0.43)

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to install the latest version of Flash Player (12.0.0.43), but the installer I am presented with says it is for 12.0.0.38, which is what is on my system. This keeps happening and almost every time I boot the computer, Adobe tells me I need to upgrade. I also resent their forcing a Google Toolbar and Chrome installation every time, even though I DO NOT elect that to happen.

Anyone have a suggestion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several "latest versions".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) (12.0.0.38)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) (12.0.0.43)

"PepperFlash" (Embedded in Chrome) (12.0.0.41 or 12.0.0.47 depending on OS)

Flash Player (Mac OS X) (12.0.0.54)

Those links are FULL installers. They run "offline" and contain ONLY the Flash PLayer plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Mike. I posted this before going through the other posts here and found the answer to my question, which is that Adobe's version detection system only finds 12.0.0.38 in IE11, which is a Microsoft issue. I am currently running the latest version, whether Adobe's system can detect it correctly or not. What I didn't say above is that when accepting the install, another window comes up behind the window I am in, presumably asking permission to install Google Toolbar and Chrome, but IE says it can't display the page. I just go into Control Panel and uninstall the unwanted programs (Google Toolbar & Chrome) when the Flash Player finishes installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's actually something Microsot did that really screws up IE being identified properly everywhere. And... you'll love this.... THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2013/09/21/internet-explorer-11-user-agent-string-ua-str...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines