• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Won't open

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7 and I just downloaded ADE 3.0, but it won't open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean it won't even open to install, or that you installed it and the installed program won't open?

How are you trying to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it without a problem. I'm attempting to open from the shortcut in the START menu. It starts to open, then closes after a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the below steps:

• Quit ADE
  • Rename "My Digital Editions" folder in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\
  • Launch ADE

My Digital Editions folder will be recreated, you can copy the books from old folder to new one to add to library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Didn't work, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to rename the "My Digital Editions" folder in your Documents area and open ADE again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you meant ADE2.0 or 2.0.1.  I suggest ....

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no. I meant ADE 3.0 as can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html

Thanks for your help, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks I saw there really was an ADE3.0 and am trying it ~~~ sadly seems just as bad as ADE2.

(and for me the reference gets forwarded to a uk page wiht a download for 2.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines