12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 11:02 AM by A.T. Romano

Need to re-install?

GpaChris

Recently downloaded Premiere 12 off the internet (Adobe Store) and having probs. Thought I was also upgrading my Elements 11 to 12, but doesn't look like that happened. And in the Guided section of Premiere, the tutorials don't play all the way through.. I'm guessing I need to reinstall the program??? If so, how do I do this? Home computer, Win 7, 64 bit

• 1. Re: Need to re-install?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

GpaChris,

Most Adobe programs, including both Premiere and Photoshop Elements, do NOT overwrite a previous version - they install totally separately from any other versions.

Before an Uninstall & Reinstall, perhaps this general Adobe program installation checklist will point up something that needed to be done: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3419692#3419692

If you DO need to Uninstall, and Reinstall, I would run a good Registry cleaner, like CCleaner, between the Uninstall and the Reinstall.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Need to re-install?
            GpaChris Level 1

Thx, appreciate the info. And need to explain I know VERY little about this stuff. I can uninstall it ,but need to know the fisrt step in re-installing it since I downloaded it from the store (actually wifey did it cuz she's better at this stuff than me) Do I just go back in the store and start over, and they'll know I already paid for it???

• 3. Re: Need to re-install?
              Karandeep Adobe Employee

Hi GpaChris,

You don't have to do anything extra if you have download premier elements 12 as a trial just go to control pannel and uninstall premier elements 12.

if you still have the confusion please update which application you want to uninstall premier elements 12 or 11 and which one you purchase 11 or 12 or both.

Regards

karandeep singh

• 4. Re: Need to re-install?
                GpaChris Level 1

Okay I'll clarify.. I'm not working on a downloaded version of the free trial

I've had PSE 11, for about a yr

Wanted to upgrade to 12, and also get Premiere. So I bought  and downloaded the Elements and Premiere 12 bundle. But for some reason did not get PSE 12 (still just have 11) And I'm having problems with Premiere. So I want to un install Premiere 12 (I guess) and reinstall it, to get what I paid for. I can uninstall it, but don't know how to re install it since I downloaded it from the Adobe Store.

Not good at this stuff, very frustrated and need basic instructions, Please...

• 5. Re: Need to re-install?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

GpaChris,

I can uninstall it, but don't know how to re install it since I downloaded it from the Adobe Store.

After you purchased Premiere Elements 12, I assume that you downloaded the installation file via the link that Adobe provided. Is that correct? If so, did you save that downloaded file?

If not, and you purchased from the Adobe Store, your download link should still be available to you, under My Downloads. As a precaution, do make sure to save that file in a safe location.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Need to re-install?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

GpaChrs

I hope this helps to put things in sync for you

1. If you go to Control Panel/Install Programs, do you see entries for

Photoshop Elements 11

Photoshop Elements 12

Premiere Elements 12

to indicate if any of those are currently installed. You are not going to be able to install any of the above if they are already installed according to that list.

2. Recap...You said that you had Photoshop Elements 11.

You said you believed that you purchased Premiere Elements 12 and Photoshop Elements 12. These are separate programs even if you purchased them together. Did the download of each result in installation files for each of Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12? Did you get a purchased serial number for each of these products?

3. If you have the installation files for these program saved to your computer hard drive and if these programs are not already installed on your computer as evidenced by the Control Panel/Installed Programs list, then you can install either of these program via each's Setup.exe file.

If none of the works for you or applies to your particular situation, then I would contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to sort out the details so that you get what you purchased. Suggested contact link is the following:

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

When the link opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat to help you with Orders - refunds - exchanges.

Any problems with the above, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Need to re-install?
                      GpaChris Level 1

Great info, thx!

Control panel says I have PSE 11 and Premiere 12, but not PSE 12 (just like I thought)

We got 1 serial # when we did the download, apparently for Premiere. But yeah, just one number and possitive we paid for the bundle.

Since I don't know if these installation files are saved to my hard drive or not, guess I gotta assume they're not. Any way for me to find out??

But got a feeling I'm gonna be contacting them..

• 8. Re: Need to re-install?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

GpaChris

Thanks for the excellent information.

Now that we know that Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 12 are supposed to be installed on your computer, can you go to the desktop icon for each and open each, Photoshop Elements 11 should be the old install, and Premiere Elements 12 should be the new install.

At this point, take the time to go to http://www.adobe.com and the top header that says My Adobe. Under that should be My Products which should show your registered products with serial number. What do you see there.

Photoshop Elements 11 and serial number

Premiere Elements 12 and serial number

other

Typically the user designates the place where the download files go, most likely the computer Desktop or Libraries/Documents. Do you see any new Adobe Folders in either of those locations? You could put Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 in the computer Search Field and see what is displayed.

The plan is first to make sure what you have and if it is working. The next stage is to identify anything missing. If you cannot find it, then Adobe via Adobe Chat. You will have more information then to give the Adobe Chat representative who can look up what you have and what has been billed to you.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Need to re-install?
                          GpaChris Level 1

Okay I found my way in there and under My products it just shows Premiere Elements and a serial #

Guess I didn't register PSE 11.

Under My orders, it shows I ordered them both recently (PSE 12 and Premiere 12) if I click on my order number it shows two serial numbers.. Looks like one for premiere and one for PSE 12..

But seems all this is just telling us stuff we knew already.

Sure would like to find out what happened to PSE 12 and how to fix Premiere ???

• 10. Re: Need to re-install?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

GpaChris

At this point, you are missing Photoshop Elements 12, and it is not installed on your computer and you cannot find download files for Photoshop Elements 12 or Premiere Elements 12.

The easy way out would be to download those installation files again from your Adobe account. Have you been there and done that? 

The needs are:

Purchased serial numbers for both Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12. You have them according to your last post.

Installation Files for Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12. I suspect that the installation files for Premiere Elements 12 are on your computer desktop or documents already, but if you cannot find them so be it.

What you need to do is get/find the installation files for Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12.

a. You should be able to go to your account at Adobe and download them from there. Put them in a safe place after this current use.

b. If there is a problem with "a", at this point you could contact Adobe Chat as described previously using the topic Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges.

......., then I would contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to sort out the details so that you get what you purchased. Suggested contact link is the following:

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=or ders-refunds-and-exchanges

When the link opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat to help you with Orders - refunds - exchanges.

c. During the installation of each program from the respective download, insert your purchased serial of the appropriate program when requested.

d. There is one other source of installation files in case of an emergency, but I will not go into that now since you should be able to get those installation files from your account at Adobe.

We will be watching for further developments. I think that we are making progress.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Need to re-install?
                              GpaChris Level 1

Thank you! Appreciate all the time..

Gonna set some time aside here sometime today and follow these instructions..... Looks like what I need will be in there

And again; thx for all the patience. Will let you know how it went....

• 12. Re: Need to re-install?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

GpaChris

Thanks for the update.

We will be watching for further developments.

Do not let any time limits get in the way of your rights in this situation.

ATR