4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 11:18 AM by Rhubarb Pie

Can I run Creative Cloud in 32 bit mode?

Rhubarb Pie Level 1

I have installed Creative Cloud on my 64-bit processor iMac running OS 10.9.1. I am having issues scanning into Photoshop and learned that it's probably because my Epson scanner/software is 32 bit (even though I have the most updated scanner driver installed, which is compatible with my OS).

I am wondering if it is possible to run Photoshop in 32 bit mode, and if so, how?

Also, are there any reasons why I shouldn't run Photoshop in 32 bit mode, if indeed I can?

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Can I run Creative Cloud in 32 bit mode?
          Romsinha Adobe Employee

Hi Rhubarb Pie,

Please find the system requirements to run Photoshop CC: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

• 2. Re: Can I run Creative Cloud in 32 bit mode?
            Rhubarb Pie Level 1

Romshina, I do not think it is an issue of system requirements. My system meets the requirements for running CC.

• 3. Re: Can I run Creative Cloud in 32 bit mode?
              Romsinha Adobe Employee

Hi Rhubarb Pie,

With the new CC apps, most of the pro video and audio applications now require 64-bit operating systems to run. These native 64-bit applications include Adobe Premiere® Pro CC, Adobe Audition® CC, After Effects® CC, Prelude® CC, and SpeedGrade® CC. Flash Professional CC, Photoshop CC and Lightroom® also require 64-bit on Mac OS.

By optimizing code for 64-bit operating systems, Adobe is able to deliver the performance gains that creative professionals require. Most of Adobe's pro video applications now require a 64-bit operating system, but the majority of video professionals have already transitioned to 64-bit capable systems, such as Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) or v10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows 8. Because 64-bit operating systems offer superior performance, current and future releases of most of the Adobe professional video and audio applications will not support 32-bit operating systems.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can I run Creative Cloud in 32 bit mode?
                Rhubarb Pie Level 1

Romit,

To be clear, the answer you're providing is: NO, I cannot run CC (more specifically, Photoshop CC) in 32 bit mode?

If so, do you have any insight into why it is that a scanner manufacturer such as Epson does not offer ANY products that are for 64 bit systems?

It is very frustrating to me that I can't scan directly into Photoshop like I'm used to. It's going to slo down my workflow.