11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 4:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Cannot get past validation

ReinhardtKrige

I've got 2 projects running, and now, I have to sign in,and after that, I have to validate, but every time it says that I have to connect to the internet. I am connected?? How do I get past that?

• 1. Re: Cannot get past validation
          Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi ReinhardtKrige, 

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums.

Please try steps in this document :

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Thanks,

Sandeep

• 2. Re: Cannot get past validation
            A.T. Romano Level 7

ReinhardtKrige

You will need to be more specific with your details in order to get appropriate troubleshooting suggestions.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

It sounds to me like you are reporting a problem related to upload of your Timeline content to YouTub, Vimeo, or Facebook from the Sharing/Publish+Share section of some version of Premiere Elements. Is that correct?

If this is a YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook upload issue, please supply more details.

Also, please export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then try to upload that file to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook at the web site involved. Does that work?

Please review the above and then verify and supply details/results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Cannot get past validation
              ReinhardtKrige Level 1

I've got premiere 12. Im in the beginning, just cannot start opening anything? Frustrating!

It says you have to be signed in, so I sign in, en the validation screen comes up, It says I have to connected, I am connected?

I assume i was in the pre reg stage, and now I have to register?

• 4. Re: Cannot get past validation
                ReinhardtKrige Level 1

That host file thing souns very complicated?

Thanx fort responding

• 5. Re: Cannot get past validation
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ReinhardtKrige

The Host File troubleshooting angle is not difficult at all. I have been there and done that. Now that I know where you are in the program, I will give you some first hand input to see if what worked for me works for you.

I have found Premiere Elements 12 Windows Sign In to be a major hassle, especially on Windows 7 64 bit, but not confined to that.

1. Hosts File

Local Disk C

Windows

System32

drivers

etc

and in the etc Folder is the Hosts File.

Right click the Hosts file and select Open with Notepad. The default Hosts File Notepad document should look like this on Windows 7 64 bit

HostsFile.JPG

Do you see anything below the last line #    ::1   localhost?

If the Notepad document looks like the above, you should be OK.

See the comments in the document to which you were referred.

In all my Sign In problems, that has never been the answer for me, but could apply to your situation.

What worked for me with Premiere Elements 12 in one instance was check the Event Viewer

(Computer/Manage/Event Viewer and it Windows Logs/Applications area and looking for Error(s) that corresponded to the Sign In failure.) Mine related to the PDApp.exe found in the path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\Core\PDApp.exe.

When I double clicked the PDApp.exe, the Adobe Application Manager opened and asked to update Camera Raw. I clicked yes. Thereafter, the Sign In worked without a glitch. This is my story. It may or may not apply to your situation.

Please let us know of any further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...after you install the program and do the required restart, you should be seeing the Sign In dialog. You have to sign in there with your Adobe ID and password. In doing that required sign in, you also automatically register your product. Please see

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

• 6. Re: Cannot get past validation
                    ReinhardtKrige Level 1

Hi ATR, thanx for the reply. I did try a few times and are frustrated like hell!!

I do not have permision to change the file. There is a lot of stuff after that last line in the etc. file. If I erase it, I do not have permision. Tried to change it, but no luck. Hoe do I get permision to change it, or log in as adminitrator?

Thanx

Reinhardt

• 7. Re: Cannot get past validation
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ReinhadtKrige

Thanks for the reply. Sorry the news is not better.

As for Premiere Elements, did you right click the desktop icon and select Run As Administrator?

And, if you go to Control Panel/User Accounts, do you find that the User Account that you are using has "Administrator" text on the thumbnail?

As for editing the Notepad document of the hosts file, are you working from a copy of it?

You should be able to open the Notepad document of the hosts file, go to the Notepad's File Menu/Save. Then use the X close button. And, get out of that area. Have you been there and done that and still got hit with the permission issue?

ATR

• 8. Re: Cannot get past validation
                        ReinhardtKrige Level 1

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

SORTED, NOW TO FIGURE OUT ADOBE!!

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!

• 9. Re: Cannot get past validation
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

ReinhardtKridge

Great news of your succcess. Great job.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Cannot get past validation
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news!

For learning PrE, this Tips & Tricks article has some useful resources: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3953827#3953827

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Cannot get past validation
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

ReinhardtKrige

To add to the homework list that was offered, please check out my very detailed blog posts on Premiere Elements 12.

Premiere Elements 12 First Look

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/premiere-elements-12-first-look-details.html

and

Premiere Elements 12 Daily Discoveries

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe12-daily-discoveries.html

There are other blog posts there that also may be of interest and prove useful as you move forward with your Premiere Elements workflows.

Thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance.

ATR