1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 11:59 AM by elainecc

Adobe Muse and Edge Animate - How do you consolidate files on server/ftp?

Muse For You Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am working on a site, and I recently added Edge Animate animations to it.  They look great, but the only issue I'm having is that the site doesn't load as quickly as I would like it to.  I did a few speed test and I think what's causing the load time is that I have about 5 different Edge Animate animations and they each have their own seperate folder with their own javascript in a folder called "Assets."

Is there a way to consolidate the "Assets folder," so that my site loads faster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Adobe Muse and Edge Animate - How do you consolidate files on server/ftp?
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, VelveteenWebDesignGroup-

You're in luck!  We just added in a feature to the latest version of Edge Animate CC (3.0) to enable the CDN option for OAM publish (what we call the "Animate Deployment Package").  This means that your Animate compositions can now references jQuery and the Animate runtime from the network instead of from the project directory.  (Please note that this will only make sense for Dreamweaver and Muse integration with OAM and won't make sense for InDesign.)

OAMCDN.png

To turn this on, launch Animate and go to File > Publish Settings.  Then select the Animate Deployment Package on the left and click "Host runtime files on Adobe CDN."  Save and publish, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,

-Elaine