• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 12 in Chrome Performance Problems anyone

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have problems with FP12  in chrome?

I've noticed an issue in Chrome with Flash 12 which appears like a stall to the user.

In fact what seems to be happening is flash is not renderiing ( or sometimes taking 10+ seconds) the final frame in a sequence of programmed animation or a state change - it just hangs on it for 10+ seconds

It is possible to "wake up" chrome / flash 12 by clicking the URL or waiting for 10-15 seconds - but by then our customers think the fault lies with our app.

Were using Flex 4.6 to compile our web app in Flash builder using noting too fancy, just programmed animation and state changes.

The issue starts with the preloader and wrecks the experience throughout. The app plays well in other browsers - not yet tested them with FP12.

We're on Win  7 64bit.  We have version 12,0,0,41 installed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is: While Adobe writes the base code, and collaborates with Google on updates... the end code that goes into PepperFlash and then Chrome... is Google's.
Adobe Dev may or may not be able to pinpoint something in it, but only up to the point they hand it off to Google. The rest would be Google Dev.

Chris Campbell would be the guy to get in touch with. He has better connections than I do. I'm just a user, who knows more about it than most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike,

Tried to contact Chris Cambell but his "mailbox is full "

Suggestions welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that too. He's in here from time to time and hopefully he'll see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. The videos on youtube randomly freezes around 10 seconds during the first 10-25 seconds (but the sound or music keep working smoothly). I temporarily solve the problem by disabling a newer version of adoble fp in the page of chrome://plugins, but still look forward to a legit and actual solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines