3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2006 6:52 PM by kglad

Flash help

KochRich
      I need some help figuring out the actionscript used on this site: x-men

I'm developing a site kind of like this with flash video and need help figuring out how to make the 3-d rotation work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks.
        • 1. Re: Flash help
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          that can be done without true 3d control. just use a series (10 on that samsung site) of pics each attached to a frame and use timeline control to display them.
          • 2. Re: Flash help
            KochRich Level 1
            Thanks for the info about the animation done with the phones...but do you have any ideas about the "rotation" that occurs when you select a different phone?
            • 3. Re: Flash help
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              i don't see any "rotation". look at any one phone when you click another and you won't see it rotate and you'll detect what the author of that swf did to make it appear that the phones were rotating.

however, a true rotation effect (or what i call a carousel or merry-go-round effect depending upon whether the background objects turn to face the screen like a carousel or not) effect can be done with flash. i have sample code for this but it is not a project for a flash novice.