2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 7:30 AM by Dalestrouse

Adobe Camera Raw 8.3

Dalestrouse

After very much hassle, I am still unable to install the Adobe Camera Raw 8.3 update. I need this to be able to open my Sony a7r raw files. When trying to install the ACR 8.3 update, I get the dreaded "Updates have been supressed by the administrator." I am, of course, the administrator. I am unable to update through Photoshop/Help/Updates because "Updates" is grayed out, not a choice. I am using Creative Cloud on an iMac running 10.6.8.

Can SOMEONE from Adobe please tell me what to do to fix this incredibly annoying problem? Something simple? Why should this be so hard?

Dale

• 1. Re: Adobe Camera Raw 8.3
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Then run Update from Photoshop (or other app probably) and Update works.

• 2. Re: Adobe Camera Raw 8.3
            Dalestrouse Level 1

This also did not work. Restarted after removing this file. Updates is still grayed out in photoshop. Bridge will not allow updates. Running the update install package gives the original "Updates have been suppressed..." message. Still looking for a solution.

Dale