2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 1:27 PM by Bill508

How to install CORRECT version with IE

Bill508

I have both Firefox and IE on my computer.  I have successfully updated Firefox to use the newest version of Flash player - but cannot update IE.  Downloading from IE gives me version 12.0.0.38 and complains, "Your version12.0.0.38 Latest Version12.0.0.43" 

Where is 12.0.0.43 for IE? 

(Computer is Windows 7 64-bit)

I have tried the approach suggested in another note: download install_flash_player_ax.exe separately, shut down IE, run the installer, restart IE ... When I visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash_player.html with IE, the "Check Now" button produces, "Sorry, your computer does not have the latest Flash Player installed. Please go to step 2. ( Your version12.0.0.38 Latest Version12.0.0.43 )"

The "cloud/tree" animation does work - so apparently Flash Player IS working - but the Adobe website claims it is out-of-date.  So apparently this is only cosmetic, but confusing (and time-wasting).

Message was edited by: Bill508

-- Updated --

Perhaps the defect currently lies with the helpx.adobe.com site, which believes there should be a "newer" Flash Player for IE ... but no newer version than 12.0.0.38 actually exists.

Message was edited by: Bill508