8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 4:57 AM by ryan+amber2013

I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks

ryan+amber2013

There is no option to render the clips. I researched but nothing has worked yet. I was able to render a previous video, but not this one. Thank you.

• 1. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ryan+amber2013

More information please.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is your project preset? What are the properties of the source media that you have taken to the project's Timeline?

Are you saying that, when you first drag the clip to the Timeline, there is no colored line at the top of the Timeline directly above the area of the clip and Video Track 1?

If there is no colored line or a green line, the clip cannot be rendered because rendering gives you the best possible preview and those particular rendering indicators tell you that you already have the best possible preview.

Another factor...the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar above the Timeline content to be rendered need to be span that Timeline content. Check out the Work Area Bar gray tab positions and see if they span the entire length of the clip.

If the program is telling you by this rendering indicator system that you have the best possible preview and the preview is poor, check your project settings. You may have a mismatch between the project settings and the properties of your source video.

There are occasions when the preview (even the best that the program can give) has flaws. For troubleshooting purposes, export the that Timeline content to determine if the flaws are present in the export also.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
            ryan+amber2013 Level 1

Hi, I'm using Elements 12 and Windows 7 home premium. It's so weird, if i

put text over the video, it lets me render it then it plays back perfect.

Without text I can't render and it skips. It seems as if the project

settings are right where they should be. I'm a bit confused. I don't think

it has to do with my computer operations. Are there any other settings I

can toggle with? Thank you

• 3. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ryan+amber2013

It is late where I am so I will check back later in the morning.

For now,

What did you or the program set as the project preset?

Check under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and its readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Rate, and another properties, grayed out or not.

And what are the properties of your source media

Video and Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

We will be in a better position to troubleshoot once we rule in or out the project settings as a contributing factor. What is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video?

But let me have you confirm...when you dragged your video to the Timeline for the first time, was there no colored line at the top of the Timeline directly above the video on Video Track 1? Or is there an orange line there instead. (I am not referring to the orange line that runs horizontally across the middle of the clip.)

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
                ryan+amber2013 Level 1

Editing mode - dslr

timebase 29.97fps

frame size 1920 hor, 1080 ver

fields - no fields progressive scan

display format - 30 fps drop-frame timecode

title safe area - 20 horizontal, 20vertical

action safe area - 10 horizontal, 10 vertical

From my eye, it seems as if everything is right. I could be wrong though. I

am using a Canon t3i.

When I publish it is fine, and when I render video with a text over it it

works fine as well. I just wish it would let me render some how. Thank you

and I hope you got good rest.

Also, no there are no colors what  so ever in the timeline. Only over the

text boxes.

• 5. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
                  ryan+amber2013 Level 1

Everything on the t3i looks good. The only thing I could think of is

changing the frame size from 1920x1080, or maybe shooting in raw.

• 6. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
                    ryan+amber2013 Level 1

Btw, a friend mentioned the scratch disk. Could that be the issue? Thanks

• 7. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

ryan+amber2013

Good morning. Just starting my day.

From your report, your project project is:

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

If your camera is the Canon t3i, you seem to have 3 choices for your AVCHD.mov, that being,

1080p

720p

640 x 480

Can I assume that you are shooting 1080p which would be

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second.

If so, then your project preset is OK as you have already indicated.

If you have no colored line over the Timeline content, you will never be able to render that Timeline content since you already have the best possible preview according to the rendering indicator system. So, if you have the correct project preset and have no colored line over the Timeline content, no problem with that feature.

Keep in mind, that rendering the Timeline does not "fix" a choppy Timeline content. All it is doing is giving you best possible preview of your video. And, in this case, the verdict is Choppy. So, why?

Scratch Disks could be involved if you have a pile up of preview files, conformed video files, and audio files on the computer hard drive, placed there automatically by the program as it performs certain activities. If in the default locations, check out the situation....

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/your version number and, in the later folder, what is in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder (for previews) and the Media Cache Files Folder (for conformed audio). In Premiere Elements, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and hit the Clean Button in the Media Cache Database section there. Report back on what you find before we do any deletions.

For generalized computer optimization, do a run through with the free ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts).

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

And, make sure that your video card driver version is up to date according to the manufacturer of the video card.

Also, right click the Edit Mode monitor, select Playback Quality, and then decide if Automatic or Highest is the better set.

Please review the above. If any questions or if you need clarification on anything written, please do not hestiate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: I am unable to render. No yellow, red or green bars, but choppy playback. Thanks
                        ryan+amber2013 Level 1

Okay great. Thank you so much. You have been a great help. Have a blessed

day.