6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2014 6:16 AM by carloslara77 RSS

Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package

gepatto Community Member

After upgrading to OSX Mavericks and Upgrading to Adobe CC I'm having trouble installing .air files.

I'm working on OSX Mavericks 10.9.1

I have built an Air application with the Air4.0 SDK in Flashbuilder 4.7 and packaged a release build as a signed Air Package.

When I try to install it by double clicking the .air file , the Air Application Manager Starts but asks for an Installation package instead of using the package I just doubleclicked.

Any ideas how to solve this?

kind regards

Patrick

• 1. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
          Anping Community Member

Hi, which version of AIR runtime is installed on your Mac 10.9.1? 

Would you please install the latest AIR Runtime 4.0.0.1390 and try it again? You can find the lastest released AIR Runtime here: http://get.adobe.com/air/

If this issue still exists, please let me know. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
            gepatto Community Member

Hi, this was the first thing I tried.

I removed the Air Runtime, which was difficult by itself because the Adobe AIR Uninstaller kept telling me that this version of Air was already installed ( So not the installer, but the uninstaller!) I had to remove it manually. I then reinstalled it.

So I have 4.0.0.1390 installed at the moment.

I did have the beta from labs installed a couple of weeks ago. But I removed it and installed the releaseversion (4.0.0.1390)

I have tried:

- rebooting

- manually copying the Adobe Air Application Installer from the Adobe AIR.framework

to /Applications/Utilities (and replacing the old one)

- rebuilding launchservices on osx.

With no success.

LogFile says:

24/01/14 13:49:49,297 Adobe AIR Application Installer[8009]: Application Installer begin with version 4.0.0.1390 on Mac OS 10.9.1 x86

24/01/14 13:49:49,297 Adobe AIR Application Installer[8009]: Commandline is:

24/01/14 13:49:49,297 Adobe AIR Application Installer[8009]: Installed runtime (4.0.0.1390) located at /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework

• 3. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
              Anping Community Member

Hi, as for uninstaller issue, we did have a bug in AIR 3.8 for Mac 10.9, in which Adobe AIR Uninstaller always gave an "already installed" error message instead of uninstalling AIR. It was fixed in AIR 3.9. If you have AIR 3.8 installed on your Mac 10.9, please download the latest AIR 4.0.0.1390. Just double click to update the installed runtime.

Well, as for air app launching issue, I can't reproduce on my Mac 10.9.1 (13B42). I installed AIR runtime 4.0.0.1390, and packaged the app.air using AIR 4.0 SDK in Flash builder 4.7. When I double clicked app.air, it worked normally without the installation package window popping out.

Anyway, if you search your app.air from the spotnight, the installation package window will pop out. We have filed an internal bug to track this.

Could you please send your app.air to me? I want to try it at my side. Thanks so much! You can send email to me: anpzhu@adobe.com

Best regards.

• 4. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
                gepatto Community Member

Hi

I never had Air 3.8 installed on my machine (after a clean install of osx mavericks). Only 3.9  4.0beta and now 4.0 release.

Even now that I reinstalled 4.0.0.1390 I'm not able te uninstall. It still give an "already installed message)

The Package insttaltion problem occurs with any .air file, so for instance even the air SettingsManager.air from the adobe site.

It's probably some hickup with my machine, but I don't know where to look anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean by the app.air file.

I have sent a a simple .air file to your mail address.

Oddly enough when I double click any .air file (and the "select installation package" window appears) and then doubelclick the .air file again from the finder,

the air installation window does appear behind!! the "select installation package" window ( but I can't click it ).

So it seems that, when first opened, the Adobe AIR Application Installer doesn't receive the file path of the .air file that was clicked.

Best Regards

Patrick

• 5. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
                  gepatto Community Member

Hi, A small breakthrough.

It wan't being correct when I said I'm launching from the Finder, in fact I was doubleclicking the file from (a third Party) PathFinder Application or from within FB4.7.

This still fails.

But when I doubleclick from the Finder it now works . I did rebuild LaunchServices so I don't know if this was part of a solution.

Maybe my post were still helpfull.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Patrick

• 6. Re: Installing .air file on osx Mavericks keeps asking for installation package
                    carloslara77 Community Member

Thanks gepatto.

had the same problem today. andddd from finder things work im happy

thanks