5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2007 11:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

Realtime Stock list

nguyenhoangvk
      Hi,
      I plan to build a stock list display interface. I think Flex can help me do this. Any advice ?
        • 1. Re: Realtime Stock list
          atta707 Level 2
          The question is too vague, IMO :) I'll try though. Yes, flex can help you show a stock list.

Where is the data coming from? From a HTTP interface? A web service? You'll need to look into HttpService and WebService classes respectively on how to get data.

How do you want to display this data? As a list? Maybe you want to look into DataGrid or other list based components.

Do you want/need to show trends? Flex Charting is what would help you chart these trends?

Or are you looking for some other info?

ATTA
          • 2. Re: Realtime Stock list
            nguyenhoangvk Level 1
            Thanks for your quick answer.
            The data will be sent as a plain text file. I think I will convert this into an xml format. So maybe datagrid would help. What do I have to do to make the grid shows changes in real time ?

--
            Sorry for my bad English
            • 3. Re: Realtime Stock list
              nguyenhoangvk Level 1
              Thanks for your quick answer.
              The data will be sent as a plain text file. I think I will convert this into an xml format. So maybe datagrid would help. What do I have to do to make the grid shows changes in real time ?

--
              Sorry for my bad English
              • 4. Re: Realtime Stock list
                atta707 Level 2
                You're speaking good English! Don't worry!

Please look into Timer class on how to poll your data source periodically to get the data. Showing it would be same as first time.

ATTA
                • 5. Re: Realtime Stock list
                  Level 7
                  Take a look at LCDS's messaging service where by you can subscribe to a JMS
                  destination with a mx.messaging.Consumer and push results in real time to
                  your Flex application.