2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 4:24 AM by Chris Maguire

InDesign e-book publication

Chris Maguire

Hi,

I'm meeting a client tomorrow with a view to updating their printed literature. As part of the update, I'm considering proposing the development of an e-publicaiton which would be published on iOS, Android and Kindle devices.

Without venturing into tutorials quite yet, I'm just wondering if this soultion is all feasible using InDesign - I'm pretty sure it is, just need to confirm. Also, are there any cost ramifications with regards to publishing on these platforms? I assume there are.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: InDesign e-book publication
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You definitely can.

Amazon even have a plugin for InDesign for creating .mobi files.

If this is something you've never offered before then you might be threading in unsafe waters!

I'd say you should get a working model together for their purpose as a sample and showcase that.

Instead of promissing things you might not be able to deliver.

At least if you experiment with a working model you can iron kinks in your workflow.

• 2. Re: InDesign e-book publication
            Chris Maguire Level 1

Wise advice indeed!

Thanks for the reply - good to know all the platforms are catered for. A working model would definitely be the first step, so we can get a good feel for how it works and the full scope of what we can offer the client.

Thanks again.