8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 12:03 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue

Madrigs83

Hello,

Im having trouble dragging and dropping an image sequence folder. The folder drags in perfectly and the window even highlights but nothing happens. However when I go through FILE and IMPORT i do have success bringing in the image sequence as comp.

• 1. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

This is a bug that we're testing a fix for right now. If all goes well, we hope to have a bug-fix update out next week with this fix, plus several others.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
            tbates3d

Please get this fix out ASAP...this is a MASSIVE workflow hindrance at the moment....had to resort to installing CS6 just to overcome this issue.

• 3. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

tbates3d wrote:

had to resort to installing CS6 just to overcome this issue.

Why did you have to install CS6? As the original poster mentions, you can just use the import dialog in CC to import your footage. I mean, I'm glad you found a workaround, but this one is much easier to use.

Todd, thanks for all your work. We'll all be looking forward to the bug fix update later this week.

• 4. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
                tbates3d Level 1

I'm doing post on my 3D animations...there are many passes and sequences stored in different locations on my system; it was just so much more productive to be able to use explorer, dragging and dropping the contents of a folder (image sequence) directly into AFX and have it recognise the folders contents as a sequence. Going through the import dialogue worked just fine, just a really slow work-flow in comparison to the above. With the import dialogue, you have to locate and open each folder individually, click on what you want to import, then click if it's a sequence or individual file, and so on. So that's why I re-installed CS6. Hope that clears it up.

• 5. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
                  jouppi

Good to know it's being addressed, Had to dig quite a bit to figure out that it was a known bug. Is there anyplace to go to find known bugs with the program incase something like this arises in the future?

Thanks for all your doing to keep CC awesome. Some of the lastest updates have been the best in the last 7 years.

• 6. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Is there anyplace to go to find known bugs with the program incase something like this arises in the future?

We often post solutions to known issues on the Technical Support part of our site.

I'll go ahead and write up a quick list of known issues in After Effects CC (12.2) with workarounds.

Regarding the update that we thought we'd be releasing this week: We ran into a problem in which one of our fixes broke something else (which is why we do the testing), and we're having to redo some things. My current estimate is that the update will not come out this week but will come out some time within the next couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay, but we need to get this right more than we need to get it out fast.

I'll post a summary of workarounds tomorrow to bridge the time between now and when the update is released.

• 8. Re: Drag and Drop Image Sequence Issue
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

This problem is addressed by the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update, which is now available:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.